Prologue

"Shadow Breathing, Sixth Form: Shadow Whirl Splash" The raven haired girl fiercely twists her upper and lower body, creating a big storm, as it spins around like a large blade and cuts every demons in her way.

Mizuki was breathing heavily, even though it went unheard as her her heartbeat were thumping heavily. Her bloody hands were gripping the katana tightly, red liquids continues to dripping on the soil ground.

When the dust was gone, she scanned around and realize that she was now standing in front of the Demon Lord, who she accidentally stumbled upong while on her mission.

Her blade which has been swinging repeatedly were just a few inches to his neck, but got blocked by him on using one hand. The crimson red eyes were piercing through hers, with a deadly glare.

Mizuki tries to push deeper her katana into his hands, but didn't move as she wanted it to. She gripped her teeth, pushing her hand as her feet were digging into the soil ground.

But Mizuki suddenly cough blood, when she felt a stung on her stomach, something very sharp stab through her body. Slowly lowering her head, the green mint eyes spotted his pale hand were digging into her stomach, as big amount of blood starts to flowing out from her body.

"You're a fool, if you think you could defeat me."

His voice were cold and sharp, ringing through her ears. Mizuki felt her vision blurred, and desperately trying to stand on her feet. They had been fighting for hours, but she still hadn't got a single step ahead of him.

Every parts of her got paused, as her thoughts continue to catch up. She had already give her last strength on him as the veins on her body grew longer and her body temperature feels so hot as she breath shakily. But strangely, the ravenette feel stronger than before.

Everything happened so fast. Mizuki's hand slowly loosen her grip on the katana, her legs were shaking as she fall tot he ground. She start to lose a huge amount of blood and it flows continuously as Muzan only stare at her. The dusty ground was now covered in red crimson blood, but none of them were bothered by it. She was in pain due to the fight and slowly losing her energy.

Mizuki's eyelids feels heavy, and slowly closing the gap between, giving her last drop of tears. She could feel her breath and heartbeat starting to fade away. And then, just a second pass for darkness to surrounded her, and all the pain she felt was gone.

The girl feel her world were getting far away from her reach, but she could still hear something before she fully fall. The last thing Mizuki heard was a Kasugai Crow sending a message to the others.

"CAW! CAW! MIZUKI TOKITO! DEAD! CAW!"

And after that, her mind become blank.

__

Published: 25 April 2021

Word count: 500

Last Edited: 28 August 2021