Chapter 8 - Hisoka

The 368 participants who made it through a long dark tunnel have arrived at an unexplored land full of creatures, known as the Numere Swamp.

"Understand? Make sure you guys stay close behind me." Satotz warned them.

All the applicants run from behind, following Satotz. They couldn't lower their guards and keep looking around in case there are more creatures like before, ready to attack them.

They were all sweating from running in the tunnel, and now the challenge gets harder because of the wet soil. Some of them were tired, and some looks still fine.

"CAAK, CAAK!"

"CAW, CAW!"

The sound of two crow, continue crowing in the sky, as it caught Mizuki's attention. She turn her head to look at the sky, and saw one the crow, the same crow from the deck was there. The crow's voice seems familiar to her, but she doesn't seem to remember it.

"The fog began to thicken. It's getting harder to avoid the creature." Kurapika mumbled to Leorio.

The mist was really getting in their way, making the applicants got harder to look in front of them with the sound of footsteps being the only one that could be heard.

Mizuki was running along with Gon and Killua, when she suddenly heard a group of applicants wearing in blue shirts, were talking about getting rid of the clown.

"Nice, this is our chance." One of them mumbled.

"We must take the opportunity in this fog to get rid of him." He said to his friends.

After Mizuki accidentally heard their conversation from far away, she can feel the movements of Hisoka's lips. He was smirking. She knows that he heard their conversation too.

Killua feels the same aura, and tries to get Gon and Mizuki away from the clown.

"Gon, Mizuki" he said.

"Eh?" Gon turned to look at him.

"Let's go faster." he said, try to avoid Hisoka.

"Em." Gon and Mizuki agreed with him.

"We must not lose track of the examiner and avoid from coming across more like the creature from before." Gon said.

'You mean demons.' Mizuki thought.

"I thought more about increasing the distance between us and Hisoka.Getting too close to him was dangerous." Killua replied, his blue orb eyes glancing at the clown.

"I can feel the smell." he said, while Hisoka continue to smirk.

"Smell?" Gon was confused as he, smelled the air, then continue "Hmmm... I don't think that he's smelly." Gon said, looking back at Hisoka.

"That's not what he mean." Mizuki tell him.

"No?" Gon ask.

"Killua think that his aura feels dangerous." Mizuki too, can feel that Hisoka was not a some kind of normal person because of his weird aura that she never seen before.

"But if he did anything suspicious, I'm not hesitate to bring my blade at his neck." Mizuki said, giving a glare at the clown, behind her.

"Cool." Killua said, as her words got his attention while he look at her deadly eyes, that was glaring at Hisoka.

"Leorio! Kurapika! Killua says we have to move more faster!" Gon yelled, making Killua jumped in surprise.

"Oi, don't you feel the tension from the people around us?" He exclaimed.