Chapter 9 - Menchi and Buhara

Mizuki and Gon met back with Kurapika after their fight with Hisoka. It's been few minutes has past, and now they're heading back to the second phase where Killua is waiting for them.

When they arrived, some of the applicants has already tired and fall to the ground sweating from running for hours.

While they were walking around the crowds, Mizuki and Gon noticed the stare of the clown from that earlier, and charge their gaze to meet the golden eyes.

He was just leaning on the tree while smiling and pointing to a certain direction. The three of them turn to look at where he was pointing, and saw Leorio sitting under a tree.

"Leorio!" Gon exclaimed, and quickly runs to him with Mizuki and Kurapika behind him.

"Ah... it hurts. Why does my body feels hurt... ?" Leorio ask them, while rubbing the back of his neck.

"My memory feels a little blurry..."

The three of them look at each other in confusion, as Kurapika mumbled to Mizuki and Gon "Probably it's better not tell him what happened."

Mizuki and Gon agreed.

"Gon! Mizuki!"

A voice was heard from behind them, that they knew belong to the boy. The two look behind to see Killua was walking towards them, a calm look on his face.

"Killua!"

"I didn't expected this, turns out you can also get here... I thought you couldn't do it." He said, smiling.

The two chat a bit, with Mizuki standing beside Gon looking around her. She smells the sent of blood, as she suddenly spot Muzan among the crowd.

Muzan felt the glare from Mizuki, as he turn to look at her, his eyes seems annoyed by her gaze. They both stare at each other for a while with thick tension mixed in the air, as none of them blink. His gaze piercing, as if burning a hole through her eyes.

Yet she wasn't bother to look away. What her focused waay on, is the aura around him for what seems a lot more stronger. But before she examine his aura more, her thoughts were cut in when they heard the examiner talking.

"Everyone, good. The second phase of the exam will be run right here." The examiner said, standing in front of a big gate. "So now, excuse me."

He walks back with the weird steps again, and into the woods as all the other applicants watch him go.

They turn their attention back to the big gate that was now opening, as the applicants rise their guards.

Inside the gate, reveals few cooking stuff and a green haired woman with a weird hairstyle, sitting on the sofa with a fat brunette men behind her.

"All applicants who pass the first phase of the exam, please enter!" The woman yell.

"Welcome. I am the second phase's examiner, Menchi."

"And I'm Buhara, another examiner."

The two introduce themselves, their voice loud and clear. All pair of eyes were on them, feeling the confused gaze of them all.

"Brrrrrr...."

A loud growl was heard coming from Buhara's belly, the applicants shocked by it.

"What was that sound?"

Menchi turn to look at Buhara with a confident look. "You must be hungry."

"I'm starving ..." Buhara replied to her, rubbing his big belly.

Menchi then stand up from her seat and informed them. "So there you have it. The second stage of the test is ..."