Chapter 11 - Creepy Partner

Mizuki is a little to quiet in the past few chapters, I noticed. Imma gave her more dialogue, and a little sassy.
__

The third phase of the exam had finally came, Trick Tower they called it. Apparently, the green head bean explained that they had to reach the bottom of the tower alive, within 72 hours.

Mizuki and her friends, glanced down towards the tower only to see the impossible distance parting them from the earth ground. Except, despite having the ability to reach down on her own, Mizuki still couldn't just leave her friends behind.

"Kurapika! Leorio!" Gon wave out to them, standing between Killua and Mizuki.

Upon hearing their name, Kurapika and Leorio rush towards the trio with a confused look. "What's wrong, Gon?"

"I found a secret door." He pushed down one of the tiles, showing their next path.

It wasn't actually as easy as they thought, knowing that once the door was opened, it won't happened again for the second time. In other words, they had to go on their own way.

All five of them stood on each of their tiles, determined.

"Okay, on count three." Leorio gave them a last glanced.

"This may be where we part out ways." There were no hesitation in Kurapika's voice, only confidence.

"One,"

"Two,"

"Three!"

__

'Damnit...'

Mizuki stood on her feet immediately after she reaches the ground, which is not the bottom of the tower. There were more than sliding down straight to victory, she realize.

In front of her isn't the person she expected. Almost forgot about him, yet still not a good guy to be with.

'That clown...'

"Ah, it's you again." He smirked, stood up to his feet.

Mizuki was on her defense, hand gripping her sword whilst her eyes focused on him.

"There is no need to be so tense. You're here as my partner, after all." Hisoka walks over to a brick counter attached to the wall, holding a something that seems to be a watch and toss it to the ravenette.

Mizuki caught it in her hands, watching in confusion.

"It is said that I can only start the exam once another player entered, which I had to work along with." The golden eyes meet hers, his smile never leaving his face. "But I had not expect it to be you."

"Okay, I guess." Mizuki put the device on her hand, before finally lowering her defense a little. Just a little.

One of the brick wall suddenly move open, revealing a path across the narrow hallway. Mizuki walk first, with Hisoka following behind her. She wasn't looking at him, but she could somehow feel the growing smirk on his face.

The tense atmosphere accompanied the two, silence hanging in the air with only the sound of a footsteps. Just the sound of footsteps from Hisoka, as if Mizuki wasn't even there.

She was silent. Too silent. As if walking with a ghost, he thought. He couldn't even hear her breath, even though she was right there. It wasn't a nen, he noticed. It was other techniques. Something he didn't know, but had seen it before, he remember.

"Can you stop smiling as if you're about to unhinged your jaw?" Her voice finally break the silence.

"Why is it distracting you, somehow? Too bad I'm just trying to be nice with you, little one." His calming yet sharp tone, cut through the air.

"Stop that 'little one' thing. I can kill you right now if I want, but that would only leave a speck of dirty blood on my katana." She gave a sharp reply, her words leave no hesitation.

"My, it's funny hearing you threatening me when you're half my size." He noticed her shoulder tensed a little.

"I'm not that... short." Her voice drops a little, at the last part. Although Mizuki couldn't confirmed it, she swore she heard a small chuckle coming from the clown.

__

Their conversation weren't long, soon when they reach into a certain room. Inside were two prisoners, their neck cuffed while their head covered by a hood.

Mizuki knew it immediately, the moment she had close their distance from the hallway. Demons. They're everywhere. Even somehow got caught by the Hunter association, used as a test towards the applicants.

"I see you're familiar with this... creature." Mizuki turn to look at him, staring, boredly. "The way your eyes are staring at it were as if you're used to it." He smirked, like a wolf caught it's prey.

He has quite a sharp sense, she thought. Her eyes were often described empty by other people, but the clown could read her like an open book.

"Yes. I know more that you. So back off, I'll do my part." Mizuki step forward to put on a distance from the clown, as the demons finally got free from the cuffs on their neck.

It didn't waste a second to lunged towards her. Mizuki moved her hand, swift like a wind as her katana sliced through the air. In just a blink of an eye, it drop dead on the floor with his head apart from his body. Ashes fleeing away.

In the other hand, Hisoka who was supposed to take care of the other demon, still fighting it. It regenerate, but not so fast even after being cut repeatedly by his cards.

Mizuki took this as a sign, to interfere their fight. He wasn't having any trouble fighting it, she knows, but it's not like he could kill the demon empty handed without Nichirin blade or sunlight.

Her feet moves faster than the wind, passed the demons with her katana barely could be seen sliced through his necks. The crimson liquid splattered across the floor, his body disappearing into ashes.

Hisoka watched in amusements, before speaking. "I must admit, you're quite the expert in handling this kinds of-"

"Demons." Mizuki beat him to it, before he could say the word. "They're demons, a creature that only crawl out in the midni-" her words was cut short, when the green-mint eyes landed on his face.

There was a blood - possibly from the demon's when she decapitated it - across his nose, easily noticeable. His eyes were cold, despite having that creepy smirk on his face.

"Cat got your tongue?"

__

A short and quite boring chapter probably. I'm sorry, a fan of the sadist here!! >\\\< Sorry for not updating for too long. The next chapter hasn't yet been written, but I'll be inspired enough to write it ^^

Thank for keeping up with my fic even though my writing is still a trash. I'll be practicing more!