Sophie Foster

⚠️⚠️TW: don't read till this sign - ⚠️⚠️ if your senitive to... gore?⚠️⚠️

⚠️⚠️Sophie opened her eyes to find that everything around her was pitch black

⚠️⚠️Sophie opened her eyes to find that everything around her was pitch black. No color. Just black. She looked around, trying to find... something. She didn't know what, but she had a feeling something was wrong. Suddenly, the blackness disappeared, revealing an all-white room with three table-like cots in the center. They were covered in a white sheet, capturing Sophie's curiosity.

She took tentative steps towards them, curiosity and fear filling her. She reached the table on right and slowly pulled the cover off. Sophie gasped, looking down at her frail, battered mother. She could barely tell it was her mother if it wasn't for her curly dark brown hair.

Walking to the other table, she pulled the cover off. Tears sprung in her eyes as she took in her little sister. Bruises and cuts decorated her skin, just like her mother.

Fear evident in her steps, she walked over to the last table. Showing her exactly what she expected, her father was laying on the table, coping what her mother and Amy had. Bruises and cuts. Bile rose in her throat, but she swallowed it down. She backed away, looking for an exit when all of a sudden a voice spoke. One that eerily sounds like Amy.

"Why leave sister? Don't you want to save us?" Sophie turned around and gasped when she saw Amy floating above the table. Amy cocked her head, awaiting an answer.

Her voice sent chills to Sophie's skin as bile rosed in her throat once more. "I-I do want to save you guys." Sophie stuttered.

Amy chuckled as Sophie's mother floated up beside Amy. "Right. Or, maybe you don't. Maybe you want us gone since you love your Elvin friends so much. You think we are holding you back."

Sophie looked at them dumbfounded. "Wh-what! No! I m trying to save you." As she said that, her father rose.

"Maybe we are just not good enough for you. We're just dead weight to you, aren't we?"

Sophie shook her head hard. "Th-that's not it! How do you know about the Elvin world anyways?"

They didn't respond. Instead, their wounds reopened and blood gushed out at an alarming speed. In less than a minute, there was a pool of blood surrounding Sophie's family.

Simultaneously, they spoke. "Since we just so happen to be an inconvenience for you, you can hop down the rabbit hole with us."

The blood was up to Sophie's knees now.

She looked around, trying to find a way out. The blood was staining the all-white wall as it reaches her waist.

"If we are going, you are too." They spoke concurrently. It started gushing out faster now. Upon with their eyes closed, they opened them. A glowing yellow filling there.

Sophie was straight up sobbing now, tears mixing in with the blood that was currently at her chest. "I-I was try-trying to save yo-you guys!"

Just as the blood reached above her head, she woke up.

⚠️⚠️

Sophie sat up in her bed, hyperventilating. Sweat was practically covering her skin. She looked around, releasing a large sigh of relief when she realized she was in her room. A knocking sound resonated through her room.

Getting up, she opened the door and came face to face with a very tired Keefe.

Confused, she asked, "Why are you here?"

"I came to see if you were alright," Keefe answered. "I felt a very strong sense of anxiety and dread."

The only thing Sophie could reply with was an "oh."

"You want to talk about?" She gave him a look of confusion. "The dream. Which I'm assuming is the reason for all the negativity. Negative thoughts aren't positive, Foster."

A small smile climbed its way on her lips, all traces of fear from her nightmare was gone. Sophie let him in, telling him "sure."

Keefe sat down on her bed and looked at her expectantly. Taking a deep breath, she started.

"It started when I was in a dark room..."

Fitz sat on his bed, his head in his hands

Fitz sat on his bed, his head in his hands. He had every castle guard out looking for his best friend. His stepbrother.

A knock resounded the silent room. Looking up, he saw his sister's Lady-in-Waiting, Lady Angel.

"Do you remember anything yet, your highness?" She asked, eyeing him.

Fitz still hasn't remembered anything. Whenever he tries to dig into his mind, it's like an endless black cloud is swallowing him whole. Well, more like his conscious.

"No." was all he answered with.

"King Alden would like to see you in his office." She says before turning and walking out of his room.

Groaning, Fitz got off the bed and made his way to his dad's office. He wondered what his dad wanted.

He knocked on the door when he got there. Almost immediately opened, revealing a very tired Alden. Behind him was an annoyed  Tiergan. Tiergan had been indignant with Alden for performing a mind break on Prentice.

Confused, Fitz slipped inside the office.

"What do you need, Dad?" Fitz asked.

"Sir Tiergan will be searching through your mind to see if he can get past this 'black cloud'" Alden answered, making quotations around "black cloud."

Fitz heard Tiergan grumbled something along the lines of, "why should I help these snobby no gooders?"

Ignoring him, Fitz towards Tiergan, bringing down his mental wall. As Tiergan place his fingers on his temples, Fitz wondered if this would work.

Would it?

897 words

897 words

Was the dream too gore-y? I don't know, I tried to make it a nightmare or something. Did you guys like the tiny Fitz POV? I had to add more words to this chapter so it's not too short. Anyways, have an amazing day/night!!!