Critical

Author Note:

Finally got some free time to finish the chapter. Thank you for waiting!

Declaimer: All characters in Naruto and Boruto series belong to Masashi Kishimoto and Ukyo Kodachi respectively.

This chapter is not beta'd.

Enjoy!

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Naruto blinked as he saw the familiar ceiling, "Is this...?"

He quickly sat up, feeling the familiar wet floor, the dimmed light around him, he knew he was in his mindscape. But how? He was trying to get in for the past few days after he woke up in the hospital without success.

"Naruto..."

The blond Hokage turned to the voice, "Kurama?"

Behind him, a massive famous nine-tails demon fox, Kurama.

Naruto walked towards his old friend before he suddenly stopped as he noticed something different about Kurama. "Ne, Kurama... Is it just me or you are smaller than your usual size 'ttebayo?"

Kurama gritted his teeth, "I can still rip you apart, you insolent brat."

Naruto chuckled nervously, "Ah... Hehe...sorry."

The blond Hokage looked around him, his mindscape didn't change at all though he saw additional seals on the walls. "Are those...?"

"The seals your pink-haired teammate put in you after you passed out? Yes. Not that they did a very good job, anyway. They actually worsening your condition."

"What? But Sakura said..."

"Those seals would work just fine, but she forgets that you are a Jinchuriki. Jinchuriki's chakra coil actually works differently than other shinobis. Tailed-beast chakras actually poisonous to you human beings, except for you Jinchurikis, with the condition of balance, that it."

"Balance? You meant the balance between your chakra and mine?"

"When that Momoshiki brat tried to suck out my chakra, you mixed most of your chakra with mine in order to fool him, resulting your chakra coil can't handle the imbalance between our chakra and damaging it. The damage spread out as you continue to mould our chakra in the fight, and after it was over, your chakra was too low, resulting futher damage in your chakra coil as my chakra corroded it. You didn't sustain the same damage when I was pulled out from you during the war, because my chakra were drained fully from you."

"Co-coride it?" Naruto swallowed nervously as he unconsciously gripped his stomach.

"My chakra is too potent for your chakra coil without your own chakra to balance it. Ever wonder why you were a failure in chakra control when you were young? The imbalance of our chakra in your chakra coil made it hard to control as my chakra was sealed. You have gained the control slowly as my chakra leaked into your chakra coil over time. Don't you realize how easy for you to mould chakra after you took my chakra by force, and then after you released me from the seal during the war?"

"Oh." Naruto blinked as he stared at Kurama, clearly just realized it after the fox explained. "Now that make sense."

Kurama sighed, "Why I am ever surprised..."

"So, that's why I am feeling so much pain? Because it-" Naruto gulped, "It was corroded?"

"One of the reasons."