Come home

Author Note:

Hello guys. I have published this fanfic in Fanfiction.net under account name animexwonder,and since it is well received by the readers after I read the reviews, I was thinking whether I should publish it here at Wattpad. But after a follower requested, I decided to publish this.

@Sharlamin this is for you, hope you like it!

Declaimer: All characters in Naruto and Boruto series belong to Masashi Kishimoto and Ukyo Kodachi respectively.

Enjoy!

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Naruto rubbed his face with his shaking bandaged hand as he sighed softly, three sleepless nights, four if he stayed for the night tonight, and the mountain of paperwork began to take toll on his body. Sure he had Kurama and his incredible monstrous stamina, but he was still a human, he still felt exhausted.

Luckily Hinata and the kids were staying at the Hyuga Compound, Hinata was still recovering from her injuries and Naruto felt more ease with knowledge that she been taken care by her family. Himawari was still in shock, not a surprise as she saw both her parents went down in one day and Konohamaru's team also being off from missions since two members of his team, Boruto and Mitsuki were recovering from their injuries as well.

Naruto looked at his still unfinished paperwork, thinking on stopping for the night and resumed the work tomorrow morning, when suddenly the door was knocked and Naruto sat straight, forcing his exhausted body to greet whoever behind the door. He cleared his voice before he spoke, "Enter."

Shikamaru entered the hokage office upon permission, putting a few scrolls on the table.

"Here are the scrolls for the meeting with Suna next week. Temari told me that Garra... I meant, Kazekage probably arrived a few days early as he said he wanted to spend some times away from the work. He will be staying at my place and Temari wouldn't take no for an answer so he doesn't need a hotel for- Naruto, are you listening to me?"

"Huh?" Naruto startled from his daze, he rubbed his face some more before he looked at Shikamaru sheepishly, "Ah... Sorry, sorry... What did you said again?"

Shikamaru sighed as he repeated about Kazekage staying and conveyed other information about the upcoming meetings tomorrow to Naruto while eyeing his leader's appearance. 'Bags under eyes, his face looks a bit pale, and judging from the frown and tighten jaws, a terrible headache. How troublesome.'

Not that Shikamaru can said anything. After Momoshiki's attack during the Chunin Exam, and in addition of Naruto's brief disappearance, the administration works at the Hokage office had been tripled. Overseeing constructions of the damaged buildings, funerals (because it's impossible that no one died in that attack, especially the civilians), countless meetings with Daimyo, village councils and other hidden villages about Chunin exam and that Kote invention, as well as attending the press to avoid panic among the villagers, Naruto had been working non-stop for four days now. Shikamaru and the rest of the administration staffs helped as many as they can, but Naruto always make sure they got home early to get some rest. Shikamaru tried to finish as many work as possible on Naruto's behalf, but apparently his efforts unable to put even a dent in Hokage's overflowed work.

Naruto nodded his as Shikamaru finished, tired eyes looked at the scrolls before he pushed a stack of finished paperwork towards his advisor. "Here are the paperwork for the aid of civilians who get caught in the recent attack. Have the finance department to make sure everyone involved get their share."