Awake

Author Note:

New chapter!
As promised, here the new chapter. To be honest, I didn't satisfy with the original draft so I wrote the whole thing all over again.

Have you read the latest chapter of Boruto manga? Seriously, why Kurama?! And Sasuke's eye... Hmm, I can see what they planned, our two favorite op characters are slowly being walked back and will let the new generation to shine, especially the main character, Boruto. Well, the anime Boruto finally reached the arc where Kawaki will be introduced, I wonder if they follow the manga to the letter or twist the plot a bit, I hope the former since I like the interaction between Naruto and Kawaki in the manga.

Enough chattering, onto the chapter!

Declaimer: All characters in Naruto and Boruto series belong to Masashi Kishimoto and Ukyo Kodachi respectively.

This chapter is not beta'd.

Enjoy!

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Himawari blinked in surprise when she saw her big brother raced downstairs and went straight to the phone near the front door. "Big Brother, who are you calling? How's Mama and Papa?"

Boruto ignored his sister's questions as he struggled to push the right buttons but before the line connected to the hospital, a knock was heard from the front door which startled him which he accidentally put the phone back.

"Dammit!"

"Hello, anybody home? Hinata?"

Boruto looked at the door in surprise. Aunt Sakura?

"It's Aunt Sakura!" Himawari opened the door to see Sakura readied her knuckle to knock again.

"Ah, Himawari! Can I talk to you mothe- Eeh?!"

Sakura almost tripped as Boruto snatched her hand and quickly pulled her into the house, "Aunt Sakura, it's my dad! You gotta help my dad!"

"Huh? Naruto?" Sakura blinked. "He is here? I thought he was still at the office. Well, I need to talk to him anyway, so-"

"Aunt Sakura, he can't breathe! You need to help him 'ttebasa!"

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.00.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.00.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Beep...beep...beep...beep

The annoying monotone beep sounds echoed in his ears and the familiar feeling sharp prick at the back of his hand were the first things he realised when he slowly regained consciousness.

Hospital?

Naruto mentally frowned as he tried to remember why he was in the hospital in the first place. Did he fought someone? He remembered to have dinner with his family, then everything went dark and he heard Hinata's voice panicking, calling for him... Hinata!

Naruto tried to move before he groaned weakly as waves of pain exploded throughout his body.

"Dad?"

"Mama, Papa is moving!"

He heard the sound of chair's legs scrapped the floor, gentle hands touched his left arm as familiar voice called him, "Naruto-kun? Naruto-kun, can you hear me?"

Hinata and the kids in the hospital too? But why? Did they got hurt?

Naruto groaned weakly in pain as he struggled to open his eyes. After a few tries his half-lidded blue eyes met her soft gaze lavender eyes.