Trying

Author Note:

It's been a while. I hope you are still interested...

The work and the writer block did a number on me, but I will try my best to write more often.

Thank you for those who read, commented and voted my stories. You guys are the best!

Disclaimer: All characters in Naruto and Boruto series belong to Masashi Kishimoto and Ukyo Kodachi respectively.

This chapter is not beta'd. Apology in advance for any grammatical mistake.

Enjoy!

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

A few days passed after the conversation with Sasuke, and Sakura finally declared him to be healthy enough to go to work. He can't believe himself that he was happy to see the paperwork (Yes, he missed the paperwork. That's how bored he was.)

"I am serious, Naruto. No more overnight work, definitely no more long hours meeting. I already notified Shikamaru and gave him permission to drag you back to the hospital if you don't do as I said."

Sakura dispelled her technique and allowed Naruto to sit up on the bed. They were in Naruto's bedroom as Sakura came for his final checkup.

Naruto sighed. "I was away for two weeks, Sakura. There would be mountains of paperwork for me to finish. I can't finish them all if I go home early. There are meetings with the council and kages from other villages too."

Sakura huffed, "I don't care. Your health is more important than those paperwork. And I am sure the other kages agree with me if they know about your health."

"I am the Hokage, the village-"

"Or I can just tell Gaara how stubborn you are and let him scold you."

Naruto went silent. Gaara was a bit angry, well, more like 'do as I say or face death' type of angry. Gaara practically threatened him to use his Sand Coffin technique on him if he ignored his health ever again.

"I can call him-"

"Fine..."

"What was that? I can't hear you."

Naruto grumbled, "I will listen to you this time 'ttebayo..."

The pink-haired doctor smiled softly, "We just want you to be healthy, Naruto. I don't care if you got a tailed beast in you, you are not young anymore. Your body aged and the damages accumulated throughout the time."

"I know... I will try my best."

"That's all I ask."

Sakura took her bag and stood up, ready to leave. "I need to go now, I have appointments at the hospital. Call me if you still feel sick, okay?"

"Thanks Sakura."

Naruto waved as his ex-teammate left and closed the front door. Silence of the empty house greeted him. Hinata went to her family's house for a quick visit with Himawari and Boruto was nowhere to be found, probably at the training ground.

He stretched a little as he went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. A chicken, some vegetables and eggs. Perfect.

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Training ground...

"You haven't apologize to Nanadaime yet, am I right?"

Boruto grumbled as he sip the water, "Leave me alone. Dad doesn't even say anything."