Failure

Author Note:

Have you heard the news about Kishimoto Sensei will be taking over the Boruto Series? I wonder how will the series turns out after this.

Declaimer: All characters in Naruto and Boruto series belong to Masashi Kishimoto and Ukyo Kodachi respectively.

Enjoy!

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Naruto walked slowly through the empty street with Boruto observed his father's unsteady steps as he followed closely next to him. They walked in silence for a few minutes before Naruto suddenly asked as he gestured to Boruto's bandaged arm, "How's your arm?"

"Ah, it's fine 'ttebasa. Aunt Sakura will check it tomorrow at the hospital."

"Does it still hurt?"

Boruto looked at his father who was looking at him worriedly.

"Well... Not really. It's just throbbing. It's kinda annoying but I can handle it."

"Is that so... I thought it would healed faster because I used Kurama's chakra to heal your arm at there. Apparently the damage quite serious, huh? Still, I am glad it's nothing serious like when I used first used Rasengan infused with wind chakra nature."

"Were you injured you arm that badly?" Boruto asked as he glanced at his father's bandaged arm, "Is that the same arm that you lost?"

"Yeah." Naruto looked at his own bandaged arm, "It was really hurt 'ttebayo. I had to wear this huge cast and I can't even hold chopsticks for a while. Kakashi Sensei used to feed me ramen when I can't picked up the noodles with my left hand."

"Eehh... Lord Sixth did that?"

"Yeah. Well, if it still hurt, I can feed you 'ttebayo." Naruto grinned at Boruto's embarrassment.

"I-idiot! I am not a kid anymore! I can feed myself just fine 'ttebasa!"

"What's wrong with that? I used to feed you when you were little. You even used to pick chewed food in my mouth too."

Boruto tried not to hurl, "Gross..."

Naruto chuckled, "If you don't believe me, ask Hinata. You did that to her too. It was so cute 'ttebayo!"

"Ugh... Please don't make me imagine that..."

They arrived at their house, Naruto opened the door and entered the house with the still green Boruto followed inside.

"Welcome back Papa! Brother!"

Naruto put down the duffel bag and sat on the floor to take off his sandals, his son already ahead of him and went to the kitchen. Naruto smiled at his beaming daughter.

"I am home, Himawari. Where is your mother?"

"Mama is at the kitchen. Ah, I should go help her!"

Naruto chuckled as he patted her daughter's head, "Yes, you should do that. Papa is going to take a shower first, okay? Then you can tell me about what you did at Grandpa's house over dinner."

"Welcome home, Naruto-kun."

"Ah, Mama!"

Naruto smiled at the appearance of his beautiful wife as he scanned her for any visible bandages. Thankfully no bandages and she looks fine. "I am home, Hinata."

Hinata smiled at her tired husband and picked up his Hokage's cloak while gestured Boruto to take the duffel bag and brought it to the laundry.

"Naruto-kun, dinner will be done in a few minutes. Go take the shower, I already put your clothes on the bed."

"Thanks Dear." Naruto grinned as he stole a moment to kiss her at the check before he climbed the stairs slowly towards their bedroom. Hinata squeaked in embarrassment as Boruto dragged her sister to the living room while muttered, 'Please don't do that in front of your kids, 'ttebasa!' under his breath. Hinata just smiled at Boruto's muttering before her smile disappeared as she saw her husband seems struggling to climb the stairs. Naruto-kun...

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Naruto slowly walked to the dining room, already changed to his casual clothes. True to her words, dinner was done just as he entered the dining room. The smells of curry rice and other side dishes made his stomach growled softly which him realized that the last time he ate was hours ago at breakfast, if you count an instant ramen cup as breakfast.

The cold shower managed to reduce his headache to just annoying throbs. His stomach still ache but he dismissed it as being hungry. He took his seat beside his wife at the dining table with his children took their respective seats in front of them, and with a chorused 'Itadakimasu' they began to eat.

Naruto chewed silently as he heard his family chattered with each other. Himawari happily reminiscing about Boruto being forced feed by Aunt Hanabi at one point during their stay at the Hyuga Compound, oblivious to Boruto's embarrassment. Hinata then said something that seems to embarrass the young shinobi even further as his face became redder than before as he replied to his mother.

Naruto internally sighed, wondering how long it been since he eat together with his family? He didn't remember how to be included in their chattering, something that he used to feel when he was young. He felt out of place all the sudden, even though in his own family. Whose fault was it that he suddenly didn't know how to interact with his family over dinner? That he didn't know how to ask his children simple questions about their day? Somehow he felt that he has no right to ask those questions, since he been neglecting them in the first place. He promised himself that he would try his best to be there for his family ever since he married Hinata, but did he try his best? Or he simply used the Hokage's work as excuses? He wasn't the best father for his children, and he wasn't the best husband for Hinata. He knew, and yet, he still-

"Papa?"

"Huh?"

Naruto blinked as he snapped out from his thoughts. Boruto, Himawari and Hinata were looking at him, Hinata's hand rest on his left arm.

"Are you okay, Naruto-kun? You barely touch your rice."

Hinata's worried voice made Naruto looked down to his plate and saw he didn't continue eating after the first bite, too immersed in his thoughts. Though he finally saw the source of her worrisome, his right arm shook uncontrollably, the spoon he used had fell on the table.

Naruto frowned at his shaking arm, his headache also seems to be returned full force. Naruto squinted as he tried to keep the pain at bay. The pain in his stomach also seems to return and increase each second. Naruto knew that he need to get out of there fast before he collapsed from the pain and gave his children a nightmare, again.

"I... I think I need to turn in early. I am sorry Hinata." Naruto mumbled as he abruptly stood up and left his confused family members at the dining table.

Naruto groaned in pain as he stumbled in his and Hinata's bedroom and closed the door before he collapsed on the floor, his left arm curled around his stomach as his right arm still shaking uncontrollably.

He can't even eat proper dinner with his family. He has failed his family again. If his son hasn't hate him before, he would certainly hate him now, not that he complained or anything. He used to being hate by others after all. Not to mention that he deserved it.

He groaned as another wave of pain hit him, his head felt like being hit by a train, and he was burning inside out.

But to be hated by my own family... it hurts more.

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

How's the second chapter? Drop a comment!