Feelings

Author Note:

I hope this update would make up for that hiatus label. I already removed it, change it with slow update.

Thank you for being patient with me.

Disclaimer: All characters in Naruto and Boruto series belong to Masashi Kishimoto and Ukyo Kodachi respectively.

This chapter is not beta'd.

Enjoy!

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Hinata quietly watched her sleeping husband as she gently caressed his left hand, minding the IV port attached at below of his elbow pit. The clock at the wall shown the time already past three in the morning, and yet she didn't feel like to sleep, not after she witnessed Naruto being rushed in an emergency surgery to remove the seals and repair the damages on his chakra nerves which it took almost two hours before he was wheeled back to his room afterwards. The exhausted Sakura explained that they managed to remove the seals and repair the damages to his chakra nerves, but his partially-healed chakra coil was burned again by Kurama's chakra as soon as the seals were removed. Despite the new injury, Kurama's chakra would managed to balance with Naruto's chakra again and his recovery time would be estimated to be at least a week after the surgery for him to use his chakra properly, now that Kurama was assisting in the healing again. He wasn't yet to wake up after the surgery, Sakura said it was normal and he was expected to sleep until tomorrow morning.

The former Hyuga continued to caress Naruto's hand, noting the chills that she was feeling before she pulled the blanket around her shoulders a bit closer with her free hand. The room was illuminated by the moonshine through the window by the gaps of the drawn curtains. She was tired, physically and emotionally yet she still refused to sleep. She was scared, no, she was actually terrified by the sight of unconscious Naruto and Sakura's urgent shout for emergency surgery. She would break in tears if not the fact that Himawari clung unto her and Boruto slumped silently on the floor with his back against the wall, his face buried in his arms. Both of her children already being escorted by Sai to her father's house for the night, promising to them that they can visit their father tomorrow morning. Boruto mumbled that he would take care of Himawari and give his mother a quick hug just before he followed Sai who carried the sleeping Himawari off to the Hyuga Compound, an act that he felt embarrassed to do ever since he had became a genin, and that quick hug let Hinata knew that Boruto was affected enough for him to seek such comfort from her.

Hinata quietly stood up and walked towards the small pantry at the corner of the room to make herself a cup of tea, since she can't sleep she better warmed herself up with some hot tea. She returned to her seat with a steaming cup in her hands, relishing the warmth radiated from the cup before she a voice whispered weakly, "Hinata...?"

"Hey..."

She put her cup on the bedside table, giving her full attention to her disoriented husband on the bed, "How are you feeling? Do you feel any pain?"

"No... Just tired..."

"Sakura said it's normal, you need a lot of rest. Go back to sleep."

Naruto blinked slowly, the last thing he remembered was Sakura's voice calling out for him before he lost consciousness. Ah, the seals... He can felt Kurama's chakra surged wildly inside him, reminding him the feeling when he used the tailed beast's chakra for the first time. It was like intense fire burning inside him, literally. Naruto stifled a groan, breathing though the pain that  for a few seconds before the pain decreased to the familiar aches. Hinata looked at Naruto's pained face in alarmed.

"Naruto-kun, are you okay? Do you want me to call the nurse?"

"It's...fine. I am fine." He took a few deep breaths before asking, "What happened? Where is Boruto?" He remembered his son was with him before he lost consciousness.