Master of the House

The more comments I receive, the faster I write. Please give me motivation 🥺  Also, for early updates and exclusive content, sign up on my Patreon :) Thank you for supporting my stories!

.

Harry pulled Ezi down the hallway to find the nearest bathroom. His head started to hurt as he thought about how his mother would react if she found out what Ezi had done. What he had done. He didn't expect his cousin to run and tell anyone that he'd been attacked by a helpless girl and that Harry had beat the shit out of him afterwards. But someone might have seen that, and words could spread like a virus at these kinds of events. It'd be wiser to just walk away quietly.

When he had found a bathroom, an old lady stepped out, saw them and made a face, probably assuming the worst when she caught sight of the blood on Ezi's face.

"I didn't hit her," Harry told the lady, only to receive a disgusted look in return.

She ignored him and turned to Ezi. "Honey, are you alright?"

Ezi offered a grin, showing her blood-stained teeth. "Yeah. It's not my blood."

The lady's eyes widened in shock. Slowly, she took a step back, then ran off without another word.

Harry immediately shut the door behind them. "Wash your mouth," he told Ezi, turned on the water, and as she washed her mouth in the sink, he took off his jacket, put it on the marble counter, and rolled up his sleeves.

Ezi hopped onto the counter and watched Harry soak the handkerchief he'd been carrying in his pocket.

"Face," he ordered, and she lifted her chin so he could gently wipe off the blood around her mouth.

"I was defending myself," she said once he'd finished and tossed the handkerchief into the bin at his feet.

"I know." He shifted his eyes back to her. He didn't mean to sound like a dick, but it seemed like he'd come off as one. He leaned to the side with his hand on the cool surface of the sink. "It's not your fault. I know my cousin. His family is in debt because of his gambling addiction. I keep telling my mother to ban him from the manor, but she has too much respect for the fucker's parents to do it."

"So why did he call you trash?"

At that, Harry couldn't help but cackle. "He did? Well, I think most people would think so. I haven't done much to make my mother proud. She wanted her only son to take over our family's business, but I wanted to become a singer, and yeah..."

Ezi blinked at him. She probably didn't understand most of what he'd said, so he let it go and worked up a smile. "Sorry for oversharing. You okay?"

She nodded. "I'm not hurt. I was the one that bit him."

"Are you feeling sorry for him now?"

"No. I would've eaten him if you hadn't shown up." The way she;d said with a straight face amused and scared Harry at the same time. "Although he didn't taste as good now that I'm human and need my food cooked."

"I'll just assume that you weren't serious."

Harry picked up his jacket from the sink. Ezi hopped to her feet and reached for the doorknob, but he pulled her back to him by her wrist and swept his eyes over her body once again. "Where did he touch you?"

She pointed to her waist and showed him the red fingerprints around her forearm.

"Nowhere else?"

"Nowhere else." She shook her head. "I don't like being touched."

A sense of discomfort filled Harry as he recalled how she'd said those same words after he'd yelled at her earlier. She must have been so scared. Tonight he deserved a trophy for being the biggest asshole alive.