CHAPTER 3: HOPE.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 3: HOPE.

-
-
-

The next day was beyond hectic for Yomi, because he had to assist his friends in moving their belongings to their new apartment with his car. Tayo, Anastasia's brother, wasn't left out of the hustle either. Yomi and Tayo collectively helped in setting up the one-bedroom apartment to the ladies' satisfaction. Together, everyone cleaned and furnished the crib on Sunday. At the end of that day, all that was left was to attach an overhead fan to the ceiling and paint the walls of the room to another preferable colour.

On Monday, after lectures, Yomi drove Anastasia and Idara to a well-known supermarket to get the necessary items. While both ladies did the shopping, Yomi waited in his car, listening to music to kill time. He was about to change the radio station when someone knocked on his car window.

Lo and behold, it was the same fairsome lady whom he saw at school on Saturday night. She was smiling at him through the closed glass at the other side, waiting for him to unlock the car door.

With a little bit of hesitation, Yomi unlocked his car door, and then she opened it and got in quickly.

"Um, hey." The lady greeted through gritted teeth. "I'm not sure if you recognize me from the other night, at school to be precise."

"I actually do." Yomi responded calmly. "What can I do for you?"

The lady took a moment to look him over, then she smiled to herself and spoke: "Um, first off, if you don't mind my asking-" she almost stuttered, "-is this your whip?"

"Yes, it's my car."

"Wow!" She was obviously surprised. "Not bad at all. You know, right now, seeing you up-close has made me realize how wrong I was about you. I never knew you were so fresh like this o!"

Yomi's face was grim. "Thank you. All glory be to God." He turned off the radio and glanced out the car window. "Now, how may I help you? Hurry up. My friends will soon be back."

Having heard that, the lady suddenly became so guilt-ridden that she couldn't even maintain eye contact anymore. "Look, I'm sorry about the things I said to your friend that day. I didn't really mean to insult you or act saucy to her. I swear."

Yomi simply listened in silence, his eyes slowly wandering around the environment.

"The truth is, I was in a very bad mood when she came to me, so I kind of vented my anger on the both of you, which was so not cool of me. I admit it. Honestly, I'm not always like that. Something just went wrong on that particular day, and I'm really sorry that you both had to suffer such pointless embarrassment in public, all because of me." She facepalmed in utter regret. "As it is, I doubt if you would ever forgive me for what I did. Clearly, my chances are very, very slim."

When she was done talking, Yomi observed her facial expression for a moment, then he huffed and rubbed his palms together. "Chill. Life is not that hard, miss. You are forgiven."

"Seriously?" A deep furrow appeared on the lady's forehead. "Just like that?"

"Pretty much."

She grinned. "Aww. Thank you. I am very grateful."

"Yeah. It's cool." Yomi smiled warmly. "Funnily enough, I still don't know your name, miss."

"Ah! That's true!" The lady snapped her fingers as it dawned on her that she hadn't introduced herself all along. "Sorry about that. My bad. The name's Candy."