CHAPTER 18: FINAL WARNING.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 18: FINAL WARNING.

Coming out of his favorite cyber cafe, Yomi sighed satisfactorily and was about to plug in his earphones when he sighted a familiar fairsome lady just across the road.

Shocked, Yomi's mouth fell wide open. Why? Because the lady was none other than Candice, and she wasn't alone. She was holding hands with a bald-headed, thin man while they both chatted cheerfully in front of a big bookshop. And also because Candice had personally told him that she'd be absent in school during the day, because she had to do some photoshoots for a modelling agency, and then perform a makeover for a distinguished client of hers at a private spar later on.

‘Goodness gracious! Is this what she meant by all of that? That she'd be hanging out with some tall, hairless man right here in campus? Unbelievable!’

In his state of amazement, Yomi crossed the road and walked straight up to his girlfriend, and then dragged her hand violently. “You liar!”

Frightened, the lady turned around to face Yomi, and that was when he realized that she wasn't his beloved girlfriend, but an actual look-alike.

“Sh*t!”

“Get your hands off my fiancee!” The tall man pushed Yomi away as he stood before his lady like a bodyguard. “What's your problem, bro?”

“I'm sorry, man.” Yomi apologized, stepping back. “I thought she was my girlfriend. Don't be offended, miss. I'm so sorry.”

“No, it's fine,” the lady said, stepping into Yomi's sight. “I understand you perfectly well, sir. As a matter of fact, situations like this happen a lot to me and my younger sister, like, all the time, so it's not new to me anymore. I'm not offended at all.”

For some reason, Yomi couldn't stop looking at the woman up and down. She had almost the same hot little figure as Candice, and her skin, lips and cheekbones were also similar to Candice's own. “Sorry, did you just say you have a younger sister?”

“Yes, sir,” replied the lady. “I did.”

“What's her name, please?”

“Dude!” The thin man frowned at Yomi. “You're really starting to piss me off!”

“Relax, Fred. He means no harm.”

Hesitantly, Fred said, “Mmm. If you say so, Lauretta.”

“Well, I'm sorry about that, sir.” Lauretta forced a smile, referring to Yomi. “Um, to answer your question, my sister's name is Candice, and she schools here, funnily enough.”

“Wow.” Yomi's eyes widened in surprise. “I can't believe… I can't believe this,” he stuttered a bit. “Are you actually Candice's sister?”

“Yes!” Lauretta said out loud, giggling. “It seems to me like you know my baby sister, don't you?”

“Of course. Not only do I know her; she's also my girlfriend, ma'am.”

“Whoa, that's amazing!” Lauretta exclaimed, scrutinizing Yomi's features. “And if I must confess, you look pretty decent for her, sir. What's your name?”

“Yomi.”

“Aw. A Yoruba guy. Nice!” said Lauretta. “But I could've sworn you were a foreigner at first sight, Yomi. It's a bummer you aren't.”

“Yeah.” Yomi laughed at Lauretta's remark. She was, indeed, as funny as her silly sister. “I get that every time. Ain't new to me no more.”