CHAPTER 16: EMOTIONS.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 16: EMOTIONS.

Wednesday.

At exactly twelve noon, Idara's philosophy class ended, but she didn't stand up to leave. Her eyes were solely fixated on Yomi, who sat three rows before her seat, having so much fun with his friends.

Apparently, Yomi was surrounded by some fine babes who were hopelessly drooling over him, and Idara didn't want to interrupt their conversation by walking up to Yomi to apologize for her wrongdoing, so she decided to wait instead until he was all alone, even though it might take forever.

At last — after twelve minutes to be exact — the ladies left, and Yomi took up his bag and got up to head out of the lecture hall. That was when Idara made her move.

“Yo, Yomee!”

“Oh, hey, Dara.” Yomi greeted back, smirking at her. “Wudup?”

Idara was a bit surprised at Yomi's nice reply. Why was he smirking like that? Wasn't he mad at her anymore?

“Well, um, I'm fine, I guess,” replied Idara. “How are you?”

“All good, ma'am.” Yomi wore his bag as they stepped out of the auditorium. “I bet you enjoyed the lecture as much as I did, right?”

“Yeah, it was pretty intense.” Idara started scratching her neck nervously. “Look, Yomee, about yesterday-”

“Hush!” Yomi interrupted her politely, holding up a finger for emphasis. “Save it. We're cool.”

“Like, seriously?” Idara's face lit up like a light bulb.

“Yep. I mean it.” Yomi smiled fully. “I've forgiven you and Isioma. Y'all should just ensure that what happened yesterday doesn't repeat itself, ever. Understood?”

“Hell, yeah.” Idara smirked shyly, feeling complete relief. “Thanks for understanding, Yomee. You're the best!”

“You can say that again.”

Idara chuckled sweetly. “Big head. Always hyping himself.”

“That's how stars do, baby.”

Draping his arm around Idara's shoulders, Yomi added, “You know, last night, I didn't ignore your calls and messages on purpose sha.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I was in a viewing center all the while you texted and called me. Funnily enough, I left my phone at home, for personal reasons,” Yomi answered. “But I didn't feel like calling or texting you back when I got back home, though, 'cause I was still vexing then. You're so lucky to meet me in a good mood today, mumu.”

Idara smiled lamely, carefully processing Yomi's explanation in her mind. For some reason, Yomi's story seemed to be incomplete. Something wasn't right.

“Wait, did Candice pass the night in your place?”

“Yeah. Why?”

Damn. Yomi's reply shredded Idara's soul to the max. If Candice truly spent the night at Yomi's house, that meant that they definitely had sex overnight.

What a bummer.

“No wonder,” Idara sighed, having understood the entire thing. “It all makes sense now. I should've known.”

Yomi grinned. “Known about what?”

“Never mind.”

How was Idara supposed to tell Yomi that she wasn't cool with that? And that his beloved girlfriend had threatened her twice within the space of three days?