CHAPTER 41: HOMICIDE.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 41: HOMICIDE.

Furiously, Yomi pulled over to the roadside and hopped out of his car. He'd just arrived in Candice's street, and he had just one intention as he headed straight to her apartment, which wasn't going to favour her in any freaking way. Not at all.

He heard loud music booming from the inside as he knocked on her door, and due to that, it took a little while for her to open up for him, and she was utterly stunned when she saw him at her doorstep at ten o'clock at night.

However, at first sight, Yomi found Candice's appearance very ridiculous. She was dressed in a baggy shirt with no underwear — he could tell by the way her nipples poked at him like spikes and from the outlines of her nether regions — and she was a complete mess right now: her hair was rougher than a jungle, face worn out from too much crying, and a few bandages still hung around her hands and legs, plus she reeked of alcohol and tobacco, which was a big surprise to Yomi, since he'd never seen her drink nor smoke before.

Anyway, she apologized for the delay and, in addition to her surprise, Yomi shrugged it off and asked her politely if he could come in. She wasn't sure why he was so cool with her tonight, despite everything that happened during the day, but she ushered him in anyway.

“Sorry about the loud music, though.” Candice said tipsily, reducing the volume with a remote. “My house is a complete mess tonight, but please, sit down.”

Yomi did just that, with his eyes on Candice's table, where all manner of beer and ashes of cigarettes were contained. “Since when did you start drinking and smoking, Candice?”

“A long time ago.” She was honest, to her very own surprise. The alcohol was surely having its effect on her mind and tongue tonight. “I stopped it, though, when I noticed its effect on my health.”

“So why are you doing it again?” Yomi asked with disgust, albeit calmly.

“Well, as you can see, I am not okay.” Candice crashed on the couch and sighed, grabbing her bottle again. “I only return to my vomit when I'm screwed, like a dog.”

Yomi said nothing. He just gazed at her in disgust as she sipped her beer and belched.

“Can I ask you something?”

Curiously, he nodded his consent to her.

“Why are you here?” She asked suspiciously. “I mean, it's strange that you're here despite all I've caused you. If I were you I'd be looking for ways to kill me by now.”

Oh, if only she knew what he had up his sleeve. If only.

“That is ridiculous, but, well, since you want to know why I'm here,” Yomi said in a serious manner, “I just came to let you know that I've forgiven you.”

Candice dropped her bottle on hearing that. “Wait, what? What're you saying?”

“You heard me loud and clear.” Yomi went on, wearing a serious face to convince her. “When I angrily left the hospital earlier, I went to a bar to drink up and that was where I sat and thought about everything that happened. I realized that we are all humans whom are bound to make mistakes, and that holding grudges isn't healthy for anyone at all. Besides, Doctor Jane already said that the virus can be controlled if we take our meds properly, so I've decided that it's of no use blaming you for anything. We can overcome it together, united, not separated, Candice. So I've already forgiven you, for real.”