CHAPTER 29: HEART TO HEART.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 29: HEART TO HEART.

Twelve minutes.

That was how long Idara had been waiting for Yomi.

One hour ago, Idara received a phone call from Yomi, in which he'd asked her to meet him at Unilag's Love Garden by nine o'clock. He'd mentioned something about having a heart to heart conversation with her, but he didn't really specify anything. Idara, however, had figured that their meeting would be about the shocking pictures she sent to him earlier.

This was 9:12 PM but Yomi still hadn't arrived, and Idara had called him several times, all to no avail.

His number just wasn't reachable at all, and she was getting tired of waiting in this garden, all alone.

She'd almost lost all hope when a familiar figure swaggered in through the garden's main entrance, pulling down the hood of his sweatshirt.

Idara stood up at once, clutching her purse anxiously against her thighs. “Dude, you kept me waiting.”

“Sorry.” Yomi halted before her, tucking his hands into his hoodie's pockets. “It wasn't intentional.”

“Okay.” She shrugged. “I'm glad you're finally here, though.”

“Yeah.” Yomi nodded. “Thanks for coming. Have a seat.”

Idara sniggered. “You know, when you put it that way, you make it look like I'm about to sit on some posh sofa rather than this dusty, old bench.”

Yomi offered no comment on that, as they both sat down together.

Sooo...” Idara drawled, toying with her fingers. “What's up? Did you get the SIM card I dropped?”

“No.” Yomi's eyes were on the ground as he rubbed his palms together. “I came here straight from home. I didn't return to the shop at all. I'll surely get it tomorrow.”

“Okay.” Idara said, sensing Yomi's foul mood. “Everything all right, though?”

“No, everything's not all right.” Yomi answered bluntly, looking at her. “We have to talk.”

“Well, we are talking right now, aren't we?”

“You know what I meant.” Yomi said, his face stern.

“Okay.” Idara's curiosity was building up fast. “Why exactly are we here, Yomi?”

Yomi sighed, looking down again. He started thinking about everything he'd discussed with Candice at home.

How exactly was he supposed to start this big talk? Should he just shoot it directly or just sugarcoat it immensely in order not to hurt Idara's feelings too much? Or should he rather have a rethink about this entire thing?

What should he really do?

Idara, on the other hand, had since noticed Yomi's distress. He was clearly nervous, unsettled, and she wondered why.

Did this have something to do with the pictures she sent to him earlier? It had to! There was no other reason Idara could think of at the moment.

“Candice fainted at my place.” Yomi suddenly killed the silence between them. “A few hours ago.”

“My God!” Idara's heart almost skipped a beat. “Why? What happened?”

“Long story, but it was all my fault.” Yomi stated, being choosy with his words. “I'm just glad nothing serious happened to her. She's all good.”