CHAPTER 24: WELCOME TO LAGOS, BABY.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 24: WELCOME TO LAGOS, BABY.

Completely naked under a fluffy duvet with her wealthy side-lover Mr. Titus by her side, Candice heard her phone ringing and sluggishly grabbed it from the bedstead to know who the caller was.

Having seen the caller's name, Candice quickly jumped out of bed like an athlete and then excused herself as she hurried to Titus' bathroom to answer her call.

“Hey, baby.”

“My darling.” Yomi's voice was crystal clear, despite the fact that there was some noise coming from his end. “What's up na?”

“I'm all good o.” Candice replied sweetly. “Besides, what's all that noise coming from your background?”

“Oh.” Yomi chuckled. “It's my car radio. Hold on, let me turn it off.”

“'Kay.”

“All right, I'm done.” Yomi announced. “So how was work today, babe?”

“Work was fantabulous jare.” Candice replied, sitting on the neat toilet seat. “I'd rather not bore you with the details, but I really, really had a swell time. Believe me.”

“Oh, really? That's good to know.” Yomi's tone sounded quite sarcastic. “At least you're not the one suffering for something you didn't even commit.”

“Oh God.” Candice heaved an exasperated sigh. “But babe I already said I'm sorry na. Why do you keep rubbing it in my face every time?”

“Relax jor. I was just joking with you.”

“Honestly, I don't like it o.” Candice revealed in a low-pitched, babyish voice. “Haven't I begged you enough?”

“Well, you actually have.” Yomi admitted genuinely. “But it's not me you should be begging, you know?”

“Yeah, I know. I need to tender an apology to Idara, blah blah blah.” Candice rolled her eyes, absently rubbing her smooth, sexy thigh. “Can we just forget this for now, please? I'm too tired for this ish.”

“Okay. If you insist.”

Scarcely had Candice opened her mouth to respond when Titus suddenly barged into the bathroom like a common thief.

“Baby, what's taking you so long na?” Titus' voice was as unwelcoming as the thick frown on his face. “I've been waiting way too long for you.”

“Shush! Go, go, go back.” Candice mouthed to him, pointing at the bathroom door. “I'm coming soon.”

“But I can no longer wait.” Titus whispered, fondling Candice's soft boob. “I need you right now!”

“I'm coming, Obim.” Candice whispered back, impatiently pushing him away. “Just go first na. Ah.”

Grumpily, Titus stormed out of the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

“Hello, babe?”

“Yeah, hello.” Yomi answered, sounding a little upset. “Who was that?”

“Is it not Mike and his mumu friend that have been disturbing my life since I got back from work, all because I decided to crash in Mike's apartment for tonight.” Candice complained in a calm and collected manner. “For real, man, God knows that I can't wait to furnish the crib you rented for me and move in ASAP. I'm so tired of all this nonsense.”