CHAPTER 21: LOVE IS BLIND.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 21: LOVE IS BLIND.

Skipping lectures had become a habit for Yomi ever since he met Candice, but he didn't care though. To him, if spending time with her would make him happy, then it was totally worth it.

Today being Monday, Yomi was busy driving on a freeway with Candice by his side, who apparently had no idea where he was taking her to since he refused to reveal their destination. However, one thing she knew for sure was that every trip with Yomi always ended up super-duper cool. So, basically, she had no cause for alarm, except for the fact that her patience was running out gradually, due to the long duration of the ride.

Groaning, Candice glanced at her smartphone's screen and said, “Ain't we there yet? It's twelve o'clock already.”

“Chill, babe. We're almost there.”

“Right. You've been sayin' that since morning. Only God knows where we are headed.”

Yomi offered her a sideways smirk, twerking his eyebrows flirtatiously. “Just chill. Patience is a virtue.”

“Yeah, right.” Candice huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. “Waheva.”

Yomi simply chuckled at her antics.

If only Candice knew the unique surprise he had in store for her, she'd have exercised a little more patience for sure. So, he couldn't really blame her for losing her cool. After all, Candice also "boycotted" her class to be with Yomi. So, in essence, she definitely had every right to be impatient, as far as Yomi was concerned.

“Why didn't you tell me about the encounter you had with my sister and her fiancé last week?”

Yomi instantly shot Candice a surprised look. “Gee! I can't believe I totally forgot about that.”

Candice shook her head in disappointment. “May God help you and your short-term memory. Say, "Amen."”

Yomi laughed, turning the gear stick carefully. “Amen,” he scoffed. “How did you find out, anyway?”

“Lauretta told me, of course.”

“When?”

“This morning.”

“Wow.” Yomi sighed, hitting the car horn. “What exactly did she say?”

“Nothing much. Just some stuff about how awkwardly good your first impression was, and how handsome you are.” Candice replied, staring at Yomi suspiciously. “Though I still don't understand what she meant by the "awkwardly good" impression of yours, Yomi.”

Yomi smirked widely, sensing Candice's suspicion. “Babe, I know what you're thinking, but trust me, you've got it all wrong.”

“Have I?” Candice scoffed, raising an eyebrow for emphasis. “Dude, I didn't even accuse you of anything. Why're you gettin' worked up all of a sudden?”

“Come on, Candy. Does it look like I'm panicking to you?” Yomi asked rhetorically, hitting the brakes. “I'm just saying that you shouldn't think towards that direction at all, 'cause I can see the weird look you're giving me already. It's creepy.”

Candice laughed, looking away. “I don't know, man. It's just, I've never heard Lauretta speak about any man I ever dated the way she spoke about you today. I mean, she was all bubbly and stuff on the phone. Kinda had me thinkin' if y'all are probably into each other, you know.”