Prologue

It was a peaceful time on the outskirts of Mobius. Out in the middle of the land, nearby men and soldiers. With picks and other tools in hand, they headed towards piles of stone, mining caves, and even the ground, searching for the most valuable thing in that country. Chaos Emeralds. That's when they got ready to mine. And yes, it's winter still.

*Pick hits rock*

Emerald Harvesters:
Born of cold and winter air
And mountain rain combining...
This charred force both foul and fair
Has a hardened heart worth mining

So cut through the heart, cold and clear
Strike for love and strike for fear
*Shadow who is a black and red hedgehog give his companion Big the cat a fish and then eats his off from it*
See the beauty, sharp and sheer
Split the rock apart!
And break the charcoal heart 

Hyup! Ho! Watch your step! Let it go!

Beautiful!
Powerful!
Dangerous!
Cold!

Emeralds have magic, can't be controlled.
Stronger than one!
Stronger than ten!
Stronger than a hundred men!

 Hyup!

Shadow and Big continue to struggle to get all the Emeralds together. Dirt gets in his face as Big then hugs him to support his friend.

Born of cold and winter air
And mountain rain combining!
This charred force both foul and fair
Has a hardened heart worth mining!
 Cut through the heart, cold and clear!
Strike for love and strike for fear!
There's beauty and there's danger here
Split the rock apart!
Beware the charcoal heart...

"C'mon Big!" Shadow shouted as he lifted a pile of Emeralds onto the sled, allowing Big to pull them along the land. He and the rest of the gang decided to head off into the night, taking their bounty to sell.

Meanwhile, in the Royal castle, two princesses were in the castle. One of them, sleeping soundly, the other, very much awake.

"Blaze! Pst. Blaze!" a pink hedgehog whispered, trying to get the attention of the purple cat. "Pst! Blaze! Wake up, wake up, wake up!" she urged, trying to wake her friend up. "Amy, go back to sleep!" Blaze whined playfully, rolling over. Amy gave a huge sigh before landing on her sister. 

"But I can't! The skies awake! So I'm awake! So we have to play!" she whined.

"Go play by yourself!" Blaze urged before pushing her sister off the bed. At first, Amy pouted, thinking she had been defeated. But then an idea popped into her head.

She crawled back onto the bed and pushed back her sister's eyelid to wake her sister up.

"Do you wanna build an echidna?" she asked playfully. That's when Blaze opened her eyes.

"C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! C'mon!" Amy urged, dragging her sister along. "Shh!" Blaze urged trying to quiet down her rambunctious sister. They then ran into the ballroom and shut the doors.

They headed into the middle of the room, giggling. "Do it! Do it!" Amy pleaded. "Okay! You gotta be careful!" Blaze urged. She rubbed her hands together to creak a spark, which then created a small ball of fire. "Ready?" she asked. Amy nodded her head excitedly.

Controlling the spark, Blaze shot up towards the ceiling, it formed a small swirl before sparks flew everywhere, lighting the place beautifully. Ashes that glowed as they gently landed on them. It didn't burn them at all. "This is awesome!" Amy cheered. She ran around happily as Blaze watched her be herself. "Watch this!"

Using her powers, she then stomped on the ground. It turned to a rare form of hardened lava crystal. It was a beautiful shade, making everything in the ballroom brighter.