Chapter 2

~ 3 years later ~

It was a wonderful winter day in Sol Empire. Winter was the best time of the year for everyone. They were here for a momentous occasion. Today, Blaze would be crowned Queen of the Sol Empire. It was a lovely day where everyone was gathering. There were tons of people outside the castle gates, ready for the opening of the castle doors.

Everyone gathered outside, admiring the kingdom from the outside.

The ships took their places at the docks, marketers began to set up their booths to sell their supplies. There was not a single person complaining.

Meanwhile, in the castle, Amy was still asleep in her bed, snoring and drooling as she laid there, her quills were a mess. *knock knock knock* "Princess Amy? Princess Amy?" the servant questioned. "Y-Yeah yeah?" she asked sleepily. "I'm sorry to wake you, your majesty-" he began. "Oh no no no! You're fine! I've been awake for hours!" Amy reassured, but then dozed off again while snoring. "Who is it?" she asked, suddenly snapping back awake. "It's still me your majesty. I just came to tell you to get ready. So get up and get ready." he instructed.

"Oh! Thank you!" Amy said sleepily. "Wait, ready for what?" she asked again. "Your sister's coronation?" he replied. "Oh, right, my sister's coronation." she said to herself, looking over at her dress that was set out in the mannequin. "It's coronation day!" she gasped and quickly got out of bed.

 "It's coronation day!" she gasped and quickly got out of bed

Quick as lightning, she got herself ready, fixing her quills as she walked out the room and grabbed a servant excitedly. "It's coronation day!" she cheered as she ran through the halls.

The window is open, so's that door
I didn't know they did that anymore
Who knew we owned eight thousand salad plates?
For years I've roamed these empty halls
Why have a ballroom with no balls?
Finally they're opening up the gates

There'll be actual real live people
It'll be totally strange
But wow, am I so ready for this change!

'Cause for the first time in forever
There'll be music, there'll be light
For the first time in forever
I'll be dancing through the night

Don't know if I'm elated or gassy
But I'm somewhere in that zone
'Cause for the first time in forever
Happily, she gets down and holds some ducklings.

I won't be alone

I can't wait to meet everyone! *Gasps*
What if I meet the one?

Tonight imagine me gown and all
Fetchingly draped against the wall
The picture of sophisticated grace
I suddenly see him standing there
A beautiful stranger, tall and fair
I wanna stuff some chocolate in my face

But then we laugh and talk all evening
Which is totally bizarre
Amy begins dancing with the bronze head pedestal before accidentally throwing it into a cake
Nothing like the life I've led so far

For the first time in forever
There'll be magic, there'll be fun
For the first time in forever
I could be noticed by someone

And I know it is totally crazy
To dream I'd find romance
But for the first time in forever
At least I've got a chance

Meanwhile, Blaze was in another room, preparing herself mentally for this big occasion where there will be so many people there to witness her. This was making her extremely nervous

 This was making her extremely nervous

Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
She held similar objects as her father did when he was crowned King.
Conceal,
Don't feel,
Put on a show
Both objects burn completely, making her more nervous than ever.
Make one wrong move and everyone will know

Blaze: But it's only for today
Amy: It's only for today
Blaze: *slides on gloves* It's agony to wait
Amy: It's agony to wait
Blaze: *opens her room's door* Tell the guards to open up... the gate!
Amy: The gate!

Amy: For the first time in forever
Blaze: Don't let them in, don't let them see
Amy: I'm getting what I'm dreaming of
Blaze: Be the good girl you always have to be
Amy: A chance to change my lonely world
Blaze: 
Conceal
Amy: 
A chance to find true love
Blaze: Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know

Amy runs outside to explore the lands. Happily running throughout the small village.

I know it all ends tomorrow
So it has to be today
'Cause for the first time in forever
For the first time in forever
Nothing's in my way!

"WOAH!" she yelled, falling down on one side. She falls over into a rowboat and falls down. The horse that had bumped into her, used his hoof to keep the boat from falling into the water. Once it was balanced, Amy threw the seaweed off her face and looked up at the rider angrily. "HEY! What's your problem!" she snapped.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" the blue hedgehog asked, looking at Amy worried about the accident. Seeing him much closer, Amy's eyes widen in awe as she saw the handsome blue hedgehog before her eyes.

She barely smiles before blushing. "Hey! Uh- no no! I-I'm okay!" she replied flustered. "Are you sure?" the blue hedgehog asked as he got down from his horse. "Y-Yeah! I'm fine! I-I just wasn't looking where I was going! I'm great, actually!" she replied. "Oh, thank goodness!" the blue hedgehog replied, reaching over to help Amy up. Shyly, Amy reached out for his hand. That's when the blue hedgehog snapped back to reality. "Oh! Prince Sonic from the Kingdom of Mobius!" he replied, barely bowing in respect.

Amy blushed as she dipped her head and curtsied. "Princess Amy of the Sol Empire!" she replied happily. "Princess? My lady!" Sonic gasped, getting down on one knee to bow. The horse realized this and bowed as well. Make the boat tilt over again. Sonic fell on Amy as they fell forward. "Oh um-" "H-Hi! Again,"

Realizing his flaw, the horse stomped on the boat again, making it balanced. Amy fell over on Sonic, causing them both to blush. "Oh boy." Sonic chuckled. "This is awkward! Not your awkward of course! I-I'm awkward. You're gorgeous! Wait- what?!" Amy ranted as she helped him up.

"I'd like to formally apologize for hitting the princess of the Sol Empire with my horse! And, every moment after!" Sonic replied, rubbing his suit and quills nervously. "Oh no, it's fine! I'm not that princess! I mean, if you hit my sister Blaze, it would be yeesh!" Amy explained nervously as she walked away. That's when she was face to face with the horse. "Aw, hello!" she said, scratching the horse's chin.

He neighed happily as she walked around him. "But, lucky for you- it's just me!" she smiled softly. Sonic chuckled warmly and looked at her curiously. "Just you?" he asked playfully. All Amy did was smile and flutter her eyes swiftly. She was just so shy and flustered by this encounter.  They continued to stare at each other fondly.

Bells gonged across the land, announcing the ceremony was about to start. "The bells! The coronation! I- ah! I- better go! I have to go! Bye!" she said happily and raced off.

Sonic waved goodbye, still dazed by Amy's appearance. His horse lifted his foot off the boat making the boat fall forward. "Oh no. AH!" he shouted as he fell into the water.

His horse stood there calmly as Sonic lifted his boat off his head. When he could see better, he gave a goofy lovestruck grin thinking about the girl he had bumped into.