Chapter 7

Once Knuckles had finished singing, he began running off into the distance and was happy. "C'mon! Let's bring back WINTER!" he cheered. "Okay!" Amy giggled running after the echidna and Big close behind her. Shadow stood there in shock. "He's gonna die alright."

~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, the Sol Empire was having its own problems. Everyone tried to gather any supplies they could to try to settle the flames. But it was getting stronger every second. Sonic and other guards were passing out water buckets to those who needed them. The flames and ash would get stronger each passing day.

"Water! Does anyone need a bucket of water?" Sonic asked as he raced through the kingdom. He gave two buckets of water out to a family who thanked him dearly. "Everyone, there's masks, fresh food, and supplies in the Great Hall! Here, take these," he explained, then handed leftover buckets of water to a guard. 

"Prince Sonic? Do you honestly think we need to stay here and allow the flames to burn us!" Emperor Eggman asked angrily approaching the blue hedgehog. "I mean honestly we need to go after that fire monster of a Queen and deal with this problem properly! And how do we know that your betrothed is involved with this sorcery as well! She could've been covering for this awful monster this entire time and we're taking no action against them!" he ranted angrily. "Princess Amy has given her direct orders. She left me in charge! I will not hesitate to do what is right for the Sol Empire! I will also protect it from anyone who tries to commit treason!" he snapped.

Hearing that, Eggman was taken aback and held his hand against his chest, offended by the claims. Just before Sonic could say something else, they heard a loud neigh. When they heard that, they turned around to see a horse with no rider and was freaking out in the middle of the kingdom's courtyard. "Woah! Woah! It's okay girl! Just relax." Sonic reassured, gently handling the horse and grabbing their reins.

After the horse calmed down, he looked back in the direction that Amy had gone. That's when he thought something bad must've happened on her journey. "I believe Princess Amy is in danger. I need volunteers to help me go into the North Mountains!" he announced to the crowd.

Many raised their hands and offered to go on the journey. "I volunteer two of my robots to go on the journey!" Eggman said to Sonic. "Destroy this Fiery Queen. It's time we dispose of this nuisance and bring back Winter once and for all. Do it any way you must." Eggman whispered to his robots. Both buzzed and beeped in agreement showing they knew their orders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how exactly are you going to bring back Winter?" Shadow asked as they walked through a land of hot ash and burning coal. "Oh! I'm definitely going to talk to Blaze!" she smiled "That's your plan? My whole gem business is dependent on one signal conversation?" he asked annoyed. "Yep!" Amy replied cheerily. That's when a piece of burning coal fell in front of him, barely missing him. "Aren't you worried about her burning you?" he asked nervously. "Why would I be?" she asked.

"Yeah! I bet she's the nicest, coolest, and creative person to exist!" Knuckles smiled, walked right through lava crystal shards that burned right through his crystal-stone body. "Would you look at that! I've been impaled!" he laughed.  

After a while, the whole group had traveled off to the mountain. Knuckles stopped at one point and scratched his head. Amy, Shadow, and Big realized they had nowhere else to go. "What do we do now?" Amy asked. "Hmm. It's a steep mountain. I only have one rope. You don't know how to climb these rocks either." Shadow said, going through his bag. "Says who?" Amy said. Big nudged his friend to look.