Chapter 4

Stunned by this sudden move, Amy shook her head out and faced him. "Okay, can I say something completely random?!" she asked.

"I love random!"

All my life has been a series of doors in my face
And then suddenly I bump into you

I was thinking the same thing! 'Cause like
I've been searching my whole life to find my own place
And maybe it's the party talking or the chocolate fondue

But with you
But with you

I found my place
I see your face

And it's nothing like I've ever known before!
Love is an open door!

With you!
With you!
With you!
With you!

Love is an open door

I mean it's crazy
What?

We finish each other's
Sandwiches!

That's what I was gonna say!

I've never met someone

Who thinks so much like me!
Jinx! Jinx again!
Our mental synchronization
Can have but one explanation

You
And I
Were
Just

Meant to be!

Say goodbye
Say goodbye

To the pain of the past
We don't have to feel it anymore!

Love is an open door!
Life can be so much more!

With you!
With you!
With you!
With you!

The two admire the view of the moonlight as they form a heart with their hands, representing the light of their love for one another

Love is an open door~

Suddenly an idea pops into Sonic's head.

"Can I ask you something crazy?" he asked.

"Yeah?!"

"Will you marry me?"

"Can I say something even crazier? YES!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's when the two decided they would tell Blaze about their plans. Carefully she squeezed through the crowd to get to her sister. "Oh! Blaze!" she cried. Blaze dipped her head to the people she was talking with and they headed off. "Oh, sorry! Queen! I present- Prince Sonic from the Kingdom of Mobius!" she replied proudly.

Sonic then did a graceful bow, addressing Blaze. "Your majesty!" he smiled. That's when both of them looked at each other excitedly. "We would like" "We-"

"We would like your blessing- of, our marriage!" After hearing those words, Blaze was taken aback by what they said. She fluttered her eyes in shock. "Marriage?!"

"YES!" Amy squealed. "I'm sorry I'm confused." she replied. "Well, we haven't worked out all the details, we'll need a few days to figure it out! We'll have chili dogs and ice cream and- *gasp* Wait, would we live here?" she asked. "Here?!" Blaze questioned panicked.

"Absolutely!" Sonic replied. "Amy-" Blaze cried. "We can invite all six of your siblings to visit!" Amy cheered. "What? NO!" Blaze said. As Amy kept visualizing, Blaze intervened. "Wait wait wait, slow down! No one's brothers are staying here, no one is getting married." she declared. "Wait, what?" Amy cried. "May I talk to you, alone? Please!?" Blaze urged. "No! Whatever you have to say, you can say to both of us!" Amy snapped, holding Sonic's arm tightly.

Blaze half-lidded her eyes in annoyance but kept her composure. "Fine. You can't marry a guy you just met." she said. "You can if it's true love!" Amy replied fiercely. "And what do you know about true love?" Blaze sighed. "More than you! All you know is how to shut others out!" Amy snapped. The comments struck Blaze more than she thought it would. "You asked for my blessing, but my answer is no." she said confidently. "Now, excuse me." she sighed.

"Your majesty, if I-" Sonic began. "No. You may not. I-I think you should go." she hissed. "The party is over, close the gates." she ordered, the guard following his order. "What! No no no! Wait!" Amy cried, grabbing Blaze by her hand and accidentally pulling off one of her metal gloves.