Part 10 ~Day 9~

BEEP...BEEP...BEEP. You rolled over and turned off your alarm. It was finally game day, you jumped out of your bed and quickly put on your uniform and ran to the bathroom to do your hair. You put your hair in quick and easy french braids so you didn't have to do your hair later that day. You grabbed your bag and phone and rushed downstairs to be greeted by your mother. "Morning sweetheart, today's the big day huh?" she said handing you your lunch. "Yep! and I'm starting today" you said with a wide smile. "I'm so proud of you honey, have a good day at school! I'll be at your game later." You were running out of the door as your mom yelled. 

     "KUROO, KUROO" you yelled while chasing him as he walked, "Hello princess" he winked at you. "What's got you so excited this morning" he asked as he wrapped his arm around you. "Our first game is tonight and I'm expecting you to be there" you started walking so that your footsteps matched "Well obviously I'll be there, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't go." You rolled your eyes at his response. "We aren't dating yet pretty boy". You continue walking in complete excitement ready for tonight. 

      Once the two of you get to school half of the volleyball team won't even look at the two of you. Lev obviously due to the fight, Kenma because he thinks this is going to be another Kyomi situation. You are upset at the broken relationship with the people you thought you could be so close with but continue walking to your classes. 

     Once the morning bell rang they announced the game that was happening tonight and a bunch of your classmates all wished you good luck.

~Timeskip

    You were standing in the locker room staring at yourself in the mirror now extremely nervous as you are suddenly aware there are going to be so many pairs of eyes watching you play tonight. Suddenly there is a knock on the locker room door. Your coach. "Alright girls, this is a big night. Tip off to our season, I need all of us to lock in okay. Don't the crowd distract you, don't get too flashy." You continue to listen to the game plan and lock in as much as you can, the worry of messing up is bigger than ever. You start to walk out of the locker room when your arm is grabbed and you turn and look at who it is. Your face softens when you realize the person that grabbed you is Kuroo. "Hi" you say, almost a whisper. "Hey" he smiles at you. "You're gonna do great, I promise" he puts up his pinky and urges you to do the same. You put your pinky up and lock it with his and smile. "Now go, you have to focus" he lets his pinky go and then pushes you toward the gym before he leaves. You assume to go sit in the bleachers.

~Timeskip 

     Tip off. The gym is loud. Everyone is standing. The gym is roaring. You take a deep breath and focus on your opponent, Fukurodani. They are all surprisingly tall, nothing you can't handle. The ball gets tossed in the air by the ref and your teammate tips the ball to you, you catch it out of the air and suddenly you are practically sprinting to the basket. You do some crossovers and dribble the ball behind the back a few times before you make it to the basket going up for a layup. The crowd goes wild and next thing you know, you have the ball back and you are shooting a three. "BOOOOOOOOM" the gym goes crazy. A few more steals later and 10 more points the Fukurodani coach yells for a time out. 13-0. you walk towards the bench and high five all your teammates. "THAT'S HOW YOU PLAY BASKETBALL" your coach yells, trying to drown out the sounds of the music and loud crowd. 

~Timeskip

     There's 30 seconds left of the game. 56-58. You need a three to win, you need it quick. You realize they're pressing, they want a steal. You aren't having it, once you get the ball you start to maneuver like crazy just to get past half court. You pass the ball to your teammate and set a screen, this play has worked thousands of times. You hope it works this time, you roll of the screen and you are wide open, just like every other time. You get the ball back and shoot a three. The buzzer goes off. The ball is still in the air... Whoosh. You made it. YOU MADE IT. Your teammates run over to you and start jumping around you and cheering you on. You guys walk back towards the bench to go high five your coaches and the other team. You made the game winning shot. Once you guys start walking to the locker room you can hear the gym chanting your name "Y/N, Y/N, Y/N". You turn and wave at them. Once back in the locker room. "That was a great win ladies, absolute fantastic. If we continue playing like this then the championship is ours" You all cheer. "Now go home, rest, and be ready for practice tomorrow.