A date (Mick)

A/N The next couple of chapters will be #saynotoMazepin content 

There is only one thing going through my mind. Morgan. I don't know why but for some reason I am nervous. I put it down to the fact that I am facing one of the hardest challenges that someone like me could face. Sure I got some advice from my mum but that is not going to stop me from worrying about what could go wrong. I wouldn't want to ruin Morgan's personal relationship with me. I am aware that her personal life is closely linked with her work life. Which means there is a higher chance of something going wrong. I'm sure I am just overthinking things but this is the first time that I have been in any personal serious relationship. This is going to sound mean but I need to get this over and done with. I quickly wipe my hands with a towel. It will be a waste of time since I am so nervous. I take a deep breath as I am sure I am just overthinking things. With that, I leave my room to fetch Morgan. I am quick to make it to her room. It is due to the fact that I am a few rooms over. I gently strike the door with my fist. As soon as I do I am met by a beauty. That is the only word that comes to mind.

"Hello Mick," Morgan greets me. For someone that is going relatively casual, she looks stunning. She puts a few things in her pockets.

"Hey, Morgan. Are you ready to go?" I check on her. It is obvious to me that she is nervous. I couldn't tell you if I were more nervous or if Morgan was more nervous.

"Not really. Let's go before I chicken out," Morgan responds. Her response gets a slight smile out of me. I really want to know what she is thinking but that is not going to tell me unless something goes wrong.

"I'm sure we'll be fine," I remarked. Yes, I am saying that more to calm myself down as I don't know just how bad Morgan is feeling. I just need to stop overthinking it. Just chill. I've got this. With that, I tentatively hold my hand out to Morgan. She flashes a giddy smile at the small gesture. Ok, that's good. I'm going in the right direction. I get to work on taking her to the restaurant. As we walk to the restaurant I find myself glancing at Morgan. She is stunning. I think I have gotten lucky. The odd thing is I know that her feelings are genuine as like me she has a famous last name. It doesn't take long for us to reach the restaurant. By that time the sunset is at its most beautiful. I catch Morgan glancing at me. To be honest she was probably staring at me this whole time.

"You're staring again," I whisper in her ear to tease her as a waitress joins us. I notice that she goes red with embarrassment. I realise that she can't help staring. I probably look handsome to her. I mean she looks beautiful so I can't really blame her. The waitress soon takes us to our seats. After a ten-minute conversation, I am struck by the fact that right now I feel like the luckiest man alive. Then it hits me. I have expectations to live up to. Hopefully, Morgan doesn't notice that I am thinking about it.

"Mick are you alright?" Morgan tentatively asks. Even though I don't want to tell her I feel compelled to.

"I've just been thinking. It's weird that I feel like the luckiest man alive, however, I know that I am not going to get anywhere with Haas," I voice my concern. The thing is Morgan is the first one I have had this conversation with as a Formula 1 driver.

"Mick, your problem is you overthink things. Sure there are a lot of expectations around you but you need to continue using this opportunity to learn," Morgan responds putting a positive note on the situation. I find myself giving Morgan a shy smile.

"You've never had this conversation before have you?" Morgan adds. I can tell that her curiosity comes from a desire to help. The thought makes the feelings I have for her intensify.

"No. This is my first time hearing it as a Formula 1 driver. How did you guess?" I am impressed by her skill of deduction. For some reason, I feel a little relieved at the fact that I am having this conversation with Morgan. She seems to have an insight that I don't have.

"Let's just say it was something that Romain reminded me of when I was climbing through the ranks. Let's just say Haas wasn't my first choice," Morgan explains. I figured that out when we first met. Her Grandpa was a driver for Ferrari. Like me, she probably didn't have the right experience to join a team like Ferrari. I soon take the conversation into something a little more date friendly. It doesn't take us long to get our respective orders. We are equally as quick to get to work on nibbling on our food. In between bites, we find ourselves having some interesting conversations. After two hours of socialising and nibbling, we are finally done. In other words, the time has come for us to leave.

"Hey Mick, would it be a track walk if we walked along the harbour?" Morgan asks out of the blue. I briefly considered her question. It is an odd question but I can understand why Morgan is asking. She asked just in case I was thinking about going on a sneaky track walk. I wasn't. It only becomes a race track when the race weekend is in full swing. We are two days early for it to be much of an issue.

"Umm... I don't think so. I think we'll be fine. Why do you ask?" I responded. I quickly realise that she will want to take a romantic walk around the harbour. I can't blame her.

"I was thinking we could take a walk along the harbour," Morgan says as we get up. So my hunch was correct. I pay for the meal and we leave. We are quick to make it to the harbour. To my surprise, there are only a few yachts with noticeable activity. I notice that Morgan seems bothered by it. For some reason, I pull Morgan closer. She seems comforted by the action. Thankfully tonight didn't end in disaster like I thought it would. To be honest I was overthinking things. It has been a day since then and it is the worst day for me as a Formula 1 driver. It is the media day. There is just one problem. For some reason, Nikita is accusing the team of favouritism towards me. It's a load of BS. In his case, he is a bad driver. The accusations are making the media day even more tedious. Right now I am on my way to the main press conference. Hopefully, none of the media personnel can tell I am in a bad mood. I am soon joined by Sebastian who will be doing the press conference with me.

"Hey Seb," I greeted him. I am trying to muster some enthusiasm but I'm not really with it. I think I should ask Sebastian for advice on my teammate situation. For some reason, I can't bring myself to mention it at the moment.

"Hello, Mick. Is there anything bothering you?" Sebastian asks.

"The simplest explanation is teammate troubles," I responded. There is a lot more that I don't want to share at the moment. It comes down to the simple fact that there is something else that I find odd about Nikita's rumour mongering but I couldn't tell you what it is.

"I'm just hoping that the issues will resolve themselves," I add. I know nothing that I will say will convince Sebastian that everything will be fine. Call it a hunch but I think things are only going to get worse. At least I know that I will have help. Whether it be from Morgan or Sebastian.