An intense crash

It has been a couple of days since the hike and it is an all-hands-on-deck situation. My team and I are battling the clock to get the car ready however it is proving to be a little difficult. Dmitry is insisting that he speaks to me. It turns out he really wants me to trade places with Yuri. The thing is I am working under Mick. Plus I get the feeling that I will be treated like trash instead. I am currently buried in my work which seems to be doing the trick. It doesn't last long. I can feel myself being pulled away from my work. Literally.

"For the last time, Dmitry, the answer is no," I say before jerking my shoulder out of his grip. I wish that he would leave me alone.

"But-,"

"But nothing, Dmitry. All you need to do is treat Yuri and his team with respect. That should make things better for Nikita. Now if you'll excuse me I have work to do," I cut him off. I get the sudden feeling that it was not a good idea but the truth is I am not sure what to say. Dmitry is getting on my nerves. He is meddling with something that he can't even begin to understand. It doesn't take long for Dmitry's one-sided conversation to be interrupted.

"ona ne stoit tvoyego vremeni papa (she's not worth your time dad)," Nikita remarks. I know he means to be nasty but he has saved Dmitry the pain of seeing me angry. I see Dmitry off with a death stare. Something tells me that I might not be staying at Haas for long. Oh well, I can always move to another team if it comes to that. I just hope it doesn't come to that as I enjoyed my time with Haas even though I've had my fair share of drama. After ten long minutes, the time has come for the first free practice session. Mick is quick to join me and I am just as quick with helping him. After sending him out I head to my usual spot. The mood is tense. As the free practice session goes on it seems that both Mick and Nikta are struggling more than usual. I am looking through some of Cal's data to see if I can spot something unusual about it. The thing is there is not much that I can see that is out of the ordinary.

"Morgan, can you see anything unusual?" Cal asks, having noticed the fact that I am looking over his shoulder.

"Not really. The only issues that I can think of are related to the gearbox and it seems to be holding," I responded. It looks like it is going to be another long day for me. It doesn't take long for the first free practice session to come to an end. Thankfully nothing major happened even though the cars were struggling more than usual. It doesn't take long for me and my team to get to work on making the required adjustments for Mick. Luckily for me, It only takes me thirty minutes. That means I have a chance to relax. Sure it won't be for long but I'll take any chance I can get. I find myself wandering through the paddock. I would go to the hospitality area but that's where Dmitry would be and I want to relax. It doesn't take long for me to be intercepted by Mick.

"Hey, Morgan. You seem a little bothered," Mick observes.

"Yeah. I'm spending my break trying to avoid Dmitry. To make matters worse I have something on my mind," I find myself venting to Mick. Surprisingly he seems like he understands the issues at hand.

"Morgan you don't have to worry about me," Mick responds to my rant with the standard response.

"I know but I can't help it," I reply. Not only is he under my care as a driver he is also my boyfriend. In my mind, that means I have two big reasons to worry. After twenty minutes of chilling with Mick the time has come for me to make sure the car is ready to go. Luckily for me, my team has done the leg work. That means the only thing I need to do is make one last check. It is the easy part of my day. After ten more minutes Mick joined us. He throws a gentle look my way. It is probably his way of telling me that it will be ok without actually saying that it will be. With some help, it doesn't take long for Mick to get ready.