Leaving

A\N There will be triggering content in the form of abuse and the mention of abuse. I have tried to keep it short but you have been warned.

It has been a couple of races since the disaster that was the Belgian Grand Prix and the time has come for the Grand Prix that I have been looking forward to the least. There is a strong possibility that it will be the second worst weekend of my life. In case you are wondering, I am preparing to travel to Sochi which is in Russia. Which means Dmitry will be there. For some reason, he and his cronies have taken a dislike to me. The thing is I know that I just need to focus on helping Mick. I've already impressed the people that I need to. I just hope that Mick doesn't pick up on my unease. I take a deep breath. I am quick to make a one-eighty.

"Mick I'm sorry to ruin the mood but I need to get something off of my chest," I announce as Mick joins me. The reason for my change of mind is because of the fact that I am going to need some help if anything goes wrong.

"What's wrong?" Mick asks. I can see the look of concern on Mick's face at my sudden declaration.

"I'm worried about what is going to happen in Sochi," I announce. I then proceed to tell him about Dmitry and his cronies' thing against me. It feels weird talking to him about it but it makes me feel a little more confident going into the Russian Grand Prix.

"Look Morgan, all I can do is offer to help when you need it. Other than that there is not much that I can do," Mick responds. He is right. It's just one weekend. How bad can things really get?

"Just stay out of trouble for me Mick. That's all you need to do for me," I respond. It has been a couple of days since then and right now I am getting the car ready for the first free practice session. I can feel the burning sensation of someone watching me. I am quick to finish the last bits of preparation. I glance at the person to find that it is the worst offender in terms of Dmitry's cronies. I shake my head as I leave. I am right where I need to be. Unlike him, I can navigate my way around a Formula 1 car. The creep follows me to the hospitality area. I grab a snack to nibble on while I wait for the countdown to free practice to end. I am about to stop when the guy grabs my wrists forcing me to drop the snack. Oh great. I try my best to wiggle free but my attempts are in vain.

"I'm sorry sir but I have work to do," I tried to reason with him. Unfortunately, he has his mind set on something else. A shiver travels down my spine. This can't be happening. I can feel my breath starting to shake. I need to escape. Again I try my best but my efforts are in vain. His grip is too strong. He is about to force himself on me when he is interrupted by someone walking in.

"You're lucky someone else is here," he whispers as he forces my arm by my side. The creep slinks off. The person that walked in was Mick. His eyes are wide with horror. It is as if he can sense my terror. Instead of saying anything, Mick takes me to his driver's room. My legs are quick to give out.

"I'm sorry Mick," my voice is barely a whisper. I was the one that let this happen. I should have spoken the minute the harassment started. I can feel the weight of shame pulling my chin to my chest.

"You didn't ask for any of this," Mick responds. Of course not. No one asks to be in the position that I was in. It is looking like I am going to have to give in and leave Haas. We only have a few races left anyway. What Mick does catches me by surprise. He sits down next to me and wraps his arm around me. After five minutes of sitting like this, I finally regained the confidence to head back to the garage. Mick quickly grabs his gear. He places his gloves and balaclava and gloves in his helmet. In doing so he frees one of his hands. He immediately offers it to me. I take it. Thankfully Dmitry's cronies have backed off for now. I can still feel the paranoia however I do need to get the work done. That fact seems to put my mind at ease. After what feels like an eternity Mick joins me. This time he has all of his gear except his gloves on.