Ch. 10: The Birth of A Hero, Pt. 3

[Downtown Musutafu, 11:10 AM JST]

3rd Person POV

In the middle of the city, surrounded by a sea of flames and broken-down buildings, Izuku stood on top of a mountain made of mangled carcasses of HellBloods that he just slaughtered with a slouched figure, facing the dark sky while panting out smoke as his face was pale and sweaty from exhaustion. The demonic teen wiped the stream of blood that was on his forehead and spat out a glob of blood from his mouth down to a HellBlood's mangled face, before looking at an explosion in the mountains in the distance.

'Dad...' Izuku thought with worry towards his ever-grinning father, whom he assigned to clear the mountains from the vile monsters so that the evacuation procedure runs smoothly all across the evacuation sites. The demonic teen knew that his father was probably the strongest human that has ever existed, but with this new eldritch threat that suddenly pops up, he sure would have some struggles here and there. And surely, if his father was harmed, Izuku would hate himself even more for his decision.

The demonic teen rolled his shoulders while the black substance of his quirk began to cover his whole body until his neck. Then as the grey flames burst out, he immediately blasted off towards the explosion with all his power, all the while gritting his teeth from the painful feeling of his muscles being strained by overusing his 'quirk'.

'Dammit! I'm still not used to my quirk since this is my second day using it. Fuck it hurts!' Izuku bites his lip, trying to avert his attention from the pain of his 'quirk'. 'I need to endure it. I have to. Until all of this ends in our victory. Since... this is all because of me to begin with...'

In a few seconds, Izuku arrived at the place where the explosion took place, still high in the sky so that he could safely observe the situation before jumping to conclusions. Izuku darted his red glowing eyes all over the battlefield below him that kept on exploding up dirt, smoke, and debris high into the air, only to gain nothing but glimpses of red, long fleshes of limbs that are used as a whip, and yellow, spiral energy blasts from it as the smoke kept getting thicker and thicker. He then focused on using his other senses to find the number one hero he calls his father, but he only heard shouts from people he didn't recognize.

'There are three people down there that constantly create noise. A woman and two men. The girl has an emitter-type quirk while one of the men has a transformation-type quirk, probably a beast-type too. The third person is the most silent yet loud one since he shouts 'Power' all the time and has the most cheerful tone between the three. I still don't know what his quirk is supposed to be, but judging by his voice it seems that he is a close-range fighter. It also seems that they're on the same side, fighting something that can stretch out their limbs like rubber. I'm surprised they can fight inside a cloud of smoke like that. Even I would struggle while enhancing my senses.'

As words that spelled out 'mutter' spiraled around Izuku, he rapidly shook his head and slapped his cheeks with both hands. 'Dammit! Don't overthink it too much! You'll mutter! That's why a lot of people avoid you!' Izuku reminded himself.

'Now then, since my shit is all together, let's go and give them a hand. I'll help the people nearest to me first.' Izuku thought as grey flames concentrated around his palm. He then swiped the air, sending a giant gust of wind that blew away all the smoke below him, showing him what the battlefield looked like-- a barren wasteland decorated with cracks and small craters.

"What is this gust of wind?!?!" Mirio shouted as he covered his face from the wind, bracing himself so that he wouldn't get blown away by it.

"Are we gonna face another one?!?! We're already struggling with one! Now there are two of them?! I never should've gone with you guys!!" Tamaki shouted with tears streaming down his face, wrapping his fingers that turned into tentacles on a tree so he wouldn't be flying without wings.