Ch. 1: Love and Blunt Force Trauma

Edit 2/7/2021: I removed the drawing of Ochako on top, and replaced it with an Eve MV. I'm kind of a perfectionist, and back then when I was drawing her (basically just tracing from the original artwork from Horikoshi), it just doesn't look good enough.

So I decided to replace the drawing with an OP song. Hope you like it.

-------------------

In this world full of people with extraordinary powers, I guess that you think this is easy right? Being whatever you want to be without any struggle? Well that's the exact opposite for me. I'll tell you the reason why. Heyo! the name's Izuku Midoriya, nice to meet you! Let me tell you a bit of my backstory.

This world is an unfair place. I learned that the hard way when I was just 4 years old. You see, these superpowers called 'Quirk' manifested around 120 years ago in a city called QingQing in China. A baby capable of producing bio-luminescent light was born. Then not too long after, sightings of people with extraordinary gifts became frequent.

The world was thrown into confusion and chaos. People were overwhelmed and terrified by the sudden global evolution. But what can you do about it? You can't just purge them out of society, you have to adapt to it. And people did, but it was a long and hard process. Now, those novels and comics that you read are real. The fiction became reality. Now, we live in a superhuman society.

Currently, there are 80% of the world's population who have these powers. And the other 20% are the unlucky bunch. Well guess what? I'm one of the unlucky bunch too! Pretty shitty right? Right now.....not really. Why? Because there are people who truly believe in me.

You see, my only dream is to become a hero. My dad was one, but mom never told me who he was. She only said that he died when she was 4 months pregnant. I never really got into it because I respect my mom's privacy. Asking something sensitive like that is a big no no for me.

When I was 4, I found out that I'm quirkless. And I was devastated. Turns out my dream of becoming a hero will never come true. I ran to my room and watched the same old video that I used to watch, The Debut of All Might in Japan. He saved 1000 people that day. He always does his job with a smile. That damn smile.....always brings hope to everyone. No matter how many obstacles there are, he always prevails, with that damn grin. That's The Symbol of Peace for ya.

And now, he's my father. Step-dad to be exact. He married my mom when I was 5 years old. He told me that him and my father were best friends at UA. But he never told me who my father was. The same as mom I guess...A sensitive topic.

Even though he's my step-dad, I always thought of him as my real one-No offence to pops up there in heaven. Dad-Might had always been there for me, through my ups and downs, supporting the best he can. He's also a very good combat and body trainer for me too.

He has faith in me that I can be a hero. He always said that no matter how powerful or weak your quirk is, what matters is the heart. The will to keep fighting and the will to protect people in any way they can. A person with a weak quirk or even without a quirk can be a hero if they work hard and never give up. So SURPASS YOUR LIMITS! GO BEYOND, PLUS ULTRA!

Now We're gonna talk about the other person....Oh boy, how can I describe her? Her name is Ochako Uraraka, but I call her 'Ocha', or 'Mochi', or even 'Cheeks'. She and I had been inseparable since we were little. She always had my back, and I had hers. Although, I can't really do much to protect her because I'm quirkless, and I hated it. Every single time she got hurt, I'll always blame myself. She's always there to protect me, then why can't I protect her?