Chapter 7 - Furniture

"How you were able to persuade them, I'll never know," Loki looks at the bustling streets as Peter stood beside him, you on his other side. Your eyes glanced over to the god who was in an all black suit, hair slicked back and face stern.

"Neither," you adjust your hair a little before walking to a parked car and unlocking it. "Get in losers, we're going shopping,"

"That was a given," Loki says in confusion.

"Peter, new mission, teach Loki about pop culture," the engine turned over and you started to drive off, looking in the rear view mirror to see Loki looking confused at the small phone Peter was swiping through.

~~~

Foreign was the word before, alienated was a better fit as of now. Passerby's ignored him as though he were invisible, not that he didn't mind considering he doubt forgiveness from them just yet.

Luminescent lights hung above in one corner like a frantic hoarder while another section was for chair alone. Bed frames and mattresses were miles apart in the warehouse-esque store. Shelves and decor ranging from an odd looking animal figurine to more reasonable items such as a marble shoulder up statue and aged clock.

"There is so much to look at, Mr Loki! And Mr Stark said you can get anything you want," Peter points at the selection as you walked off to the decor.

"And what if I'm not fond of the... choices?"

"We can go somewhere else, don't worry," Peter assured before gesturing for Loki to follow to the bed frames. The god gazed over each option as Peter went on about how cool each one was, "I have a loft bed, which is this one," he points to one to the right of Loki. "I also have a gaming console- Oh! Did you want to play Call of Duty?"

"I don't know what that is," Loki drags on, his eyes darting and deciding easily what he wanted.

"That's alright, I'll teach you, and Y/n is also really good at it so she can help,"

"I'll whoop your asses!" You call out from nearby, holding a basket of items.

"Sure!" Peter rolls his eyes sarcastically. "So, chosen anything?"

"Yes," Loki murmurs, eyes watching you intently.

~~~

"N/n, can we please, please, please get ice cream??" Peter pleads.

"Why? Didn't you have some with your pancakes this morning?"

"Yes, but I promise I'll- Uhm... I won't tell Mr Stark that you were the one who blasted WAP during the meeting,"

Narrowing your eyes for a second, they rolled and you handed Peter the credit card. "Get me a (Favourite flavour), and take the snake with you," you nudge Loki away with Peter. Raising the phone up to your ear while following them a little but behind, Thor picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Blondie, we got the furniture for Loki's room so expect some delivery, help the guys out to put it all in the room," you heard the god munching on a pop tart on the other end.

"Of course, will you be willing to get em more-"

"Pop tarts? Anything for my favourite god," you chuckle, Loki snapping his dagger-glare to the phone from the side lines.

~~~

"We're back losers!" Boxed treats were thrown at Thor, the god trying to stop you and the other two from going to Loki's room but it was too late. "What the fuck?"

"No! That goes there!" Bucky tackled Sam down trying to get the screwdriver as Tony was poking Steve with a wrench until the solider bent it in half. Pietro quickly assembled a chair only for it to fall apart when he sat in the apparent finished product. Vision and Clint tried to put together the bookcase while Bruce was intricately planting seeds into a pot to grow with maximum success rate.

"I tried to tell them to let us do it but..." Nat shrugs, bemusedly watching against the wall next to the door as Wanda filmed it all.

"Who's dick is bigger competition? Yeah, figured," you scoff. "OUT!" The boys scrambled up and dashed out the door without a second thought. "Except you, Bruce," the doctor smiled and continued to water them precisely.

"Vis, help us out," Wanda asks nicely, the robot merging through the walls.

"Pete, take these apart, let's start again and sort the nails and screws,"

"Yes, ma'am!" He dashes about the room as Nat starts to work on the bed with your help.

"You're helping too, Christmas tree, let's go," you click your fingers, summoning him to hold the back board up.

"Why should I?"

"Because this isn't Asgard, and your princely title doesn't really matter, so unless you want to sleep on the cold hard floor, I advise you to get your ass over here," Nat growls, pushing the board against the wall as you tighten the bolt.

"Manners would be appreciated," Loki walked behind your crouched figure, using one hand to easily hold the wood firmly.

"Thank you," Nat grits sarcastically, attaching the bottom plank on the other side. "Damn, someone get me a 45mm round headed-" the assassin got just that, but it hit her forehead. She snapped her eyes to Loki who was whistling innocently.

"Hm? Oh, you're welcome," he grins, leaning forward smugly making you elbow him in the shin. "Ow!"

"Be nice," you move across to fix in the next plank as Loki mockingly copies your words.

~~~

Also

Also... a little extra thing from the comic I got yesterday:

 a little extra thing from the comic I got yesterday:

- Anna ❤️