Chapter 11 - Birth planet

Uproar from the public soon turned to solemn apology with lots of hesitancy through the next few days. The conference overwhelmed Loki a bit but once it was over he took a breath of fresh air on the street where a few passerby's were unable to figure the right reaction to express.

"It's over now, don't worry, Loki," he turned his head to see you beside him, twiddling your thumbs with a smile.

"Is that the last time we need to do something of that matter?"

"Conferences? No, there are plenty of those, but proving your innocence then yes, last one,"

"Thank Valhalla," he nudges away a crushed cigarette bud from the pavement as form is distraction.

"We're going back to the tower," Nat tapped your shoulder.

"We'll catch you guys up," you see Loki nod alongside.

"Suit yourself," they all filed into the car, sleek wheels driving off.

"What now?" Loki quirks a brow as you shrug. "A stroll?"

"Only option, isn't it?" Walking off and gesturing for him to follow, you would lead considering you knew the streets better—not that Avengers tower was hard to miss. "Thor said in 2012 you were adoptive brothers... So which part of Asgard are you from?"

"It isn't as simple as that, dear," he looks around. "No, when Odin took me in I was just a child as a bargaining piece, I didn't know this until 2011,"

"Bargaining? Between Odin and who?"

Loki chuckles darkly in spite. "Between Odin and my real father, who of course didn't want me," he stopped and looked you in the eye. "Where is the library?"

~~~

Loki scanned the aisles as you followed like a puppy, lost in thought, bumping right into him. "Careful," he steadied you with a hand on your waist. Pulling your upper arm to a table, his other occupied by a large book. "I trust you. I also trust you not to be frightened,"

"I've seen Tony naked, I think I've seen the worst of the worst,"

"My condolences," he laughs quietly before opening the book. The pages were lined with myth after legend, Loki stopping his finger on a page that depicted a frozen terrain. "This is my birth planet, Jotunheim, the home of... Frost giants," these simple words, this tiny confession seemed to lift a tone of bricks off his shoulders.

"And these are Frost Giants?" you lean over and tap on a blue illustrated figure with red eyes.

"Jotuns, yes,"

"So why aren't you all blue and frozen?"

"Because I'm not fully Jotun, I believe my mother was Asgardian, which is why I was unwanted," he explains. "Full Jotuns are twice my size, and because of this... my father, Laufey, thought me not fit for the throne and cast me out on a frozen rock to... die," it seemed the way he said this was less painful. He had come to terms with it, and was content with the knowledge.

"Well, Laufey was stupid," you nudge him to cheer up a little. "You don't have to say yes but... can I see?" Conflict was passed over his face making you lower your smile. "Sorry, boundaries, I get it,"

"No!" The librarian hushed him instantly to cause his voice to quieten. "No, sorry, uhm... no one ever actually wants to see,"

"Well, have you told anyone?"

"No, but Frost Giants are like the Midgard equivalent of a... boogeyman? Is that it?" You roll your eyes making him give a slanted smile and remove his suit jacket. Rolling back his sleeve, blue slowly crept up his arm until it was a prominent blue-grey tone, small lines dancing along into intricate designs.

"Now that's... wow," you were speechless, holding your hand out and slowly taking his. His mind was busy processing your reaction, not taking into account your hand holding his. When he did finally realize, he pulled back. "What?"

"I could hurt you," he narrowed his gaze warningly to his own hand.

"Did I just scream in pain? No, so I don't think you'll hurt me unless you want to, it's just cold, that's all," more carefully this time, you take his hand and compare the size to yours, letting the temperature tickle at your skin.

The blue contrasted greatly against your s/c skin. Unbeknownst to Loki, the Jotun form had fully taken over his body while you both watched your hands interacting. You look up for a moment to see the most gorgeous ruby red eyes do the same.

Moving your other hand up to his cheek, the warmth against his skin sent a shiver through him, his head leaning in closer in comfort, in content, in relief—eyes closed. The hands that were connected lightly pushed down until they intertwined.

You watched him breath deeply, his eyes opening again to see you again, a subtle smile tugging at icy blue lips. Both figures sunk into comfortable postures, chair pulled as close as possible-

"Library is closed," the librarian scurries up with her kitten heels. Her glasses were being cleaned against her floral cardigan giving Loki time to turn back to his Aesir form.

"Yes, of course," he coughs, pulling the book into his arms and retracing his steps to place it back in the right slot.

~~~

"Well, this is shit," you held your hand out in the pouring rain, library doors shutting and locking behind you both. The small over-head covering hardly doing it's job. "Won't be stopping anytime soon,"

"Seems so- Y/n!" Loki groans as you run out towards the tower. Undoing his suit jacket, he ran after you as fast as he could. His leather shoes splashed against each puddle you did. "You'll get sick,"

You felt fabric over your head, Loki protecting you from the rain using his blazer. "You can get sick too,"

"Yes, but it will take more than just rain to give me a fever, I am not Midgardian,"

"At least save your outfit, it's too good to go to waste," you shift the jacket over you both.

"You like it?"

"It's fitting, matches your witch aesthetic,"

"I'm not a witch," he deadpans making you giggle.

"Well..." you both tried to keep up with each other making him groan. "Sorry, I'm not 6'4" like you, plus these heels aren't easy to run in,"

"It will take too long if you don't hurry up so let's fix this," he covered you up, in one swift motion he carried you bridal style.

"Loki!" You hold on tight, lifting the jacket up higher so he could see. "You're insane,"

"Possibly, but it will stop you from getting a cold," he started to pick up his pace as you curled closer to him, arm around the back of his neck and almost cheek to cheek.

~~~

Greek tragedy~

Greek tragedy~

Good song

- Anna ❤️