Chapter 18 - Helping Wanda

"Loki," Wanda knocked then opened the god's door.

"Witchling, how may I assist you?" Loki smiled to Wanda, something he never did to anyone genuinely besides you or Peter.

"Remember how you said you'd teach me about controlling this," she raised a small shimmer of red on the tip of her fingers.

"Of course," he shut his book and stood properly. "Would you like to do this now?"

"If you don't mind," she pushes the door open further which he walks through with her. She twiddled her thumbs as they both walked to the elevator to reach the training room.

"Do not be nervous, nervousness opens a gateway of doubt and fear to control our magic," he shimmers green over his hoodie and sweatpants into a green tunic, leather pants and a leather over-vest reaching down to his knees.

"How did you do that?"

"With time and patience, you will learn, little one, don't worry," he rubs her back reassuringly. "You are a powerful young witch and with practice you may become the Midgard's greatest sorceress,"

"No pressure," she breathes out.

"None at all," he laughs.

~~~

"My mother specializes in healing, she said before a sorcerer is to fight they must heal,"

"Heal then fight, got it," Wanda nods and holds her hands out.

"First step is breathing, in... 2... 3... and out... 2... 3... with each breath make your magic glow in your palm then dim, alright?"

"Alright, in... 2... 3..." Wanda closed her eyes as red grew, "and out... 2... 3..." Wanda opened her eyes and saw the glow dim, she repeated this over and over again until she was able to open both eyes and watch it do so. "I'm doing it!"

"Well done, witchling, very well done," Loki's fond gaze at the young girl's excitement to learn reminded himself of the lessons Frigga and he would do after combat when Loki was feeling down. He was never the best fighter, but Frigga assured that his magic would help more than brute force.

He furthered the lesson by letting her heal a small cut he placed on the tip of his finger. She furrowed her brows in concentration, purely determined until skin mended before her very eyes.

"I did it!"

"Wonderful job, Wanda-" he suddenly got a hug, shock lacing his face no doubt.

"Thank you,"

"Don't thank me, that was all you, witchling," he hugged back. "Now, let's keep going,"

~~~

Passing the training halls from a simulation to let off a bi of steam due to the fact Tony finished your favourite cereal, you hear talking in one room. You look into the room with a curious leer, seeing Loki talking to Wanda as she broke a chocolate bar into perfect pieces.

He laughed openly when she raised a piece to her mouth using magic and enjoyed the treat. Loki's laugh was light and breathless, like a small 'ehehe', it was so cute, you leaned against the wall back in the hall to hide yourself.

A warm fluffy feeling rose in your chest until your cheeks flushed at the idea of him spinning you around with that same laugh, kissing you sweetly and-

"Try again, Witchling,"

Shutting your eyes for a moment, you take a deep breath to calm your pulse.

"I think that's enough for today, you've done very well, so go rest up and gain back whatever magic drained,"

Slipping into the shadows of the dim hallway a little, Wanda exits the room to the elevator. You walk into the room soon after with a small heel tip back and forth. "Hey,"

Loki jumped as he was clearing up the chocolate. "I didn't see you there,"

"Just got out the simulation room," you kneel down and help him clean up in silence. Comfortable silence, may you add. "It's nice for you to teach Wanda,"

"I see myself in her, I also worry that if she doesn't know her true power she could do something out of her control," Loki stood up, helping you as well.

"Like what? Take an entire town hostage to make her life into a sitcom?"

"Something like that," he lifts a chocolate bit to your lips which you accept.

"Tastes magical," at your joke, Loki laughs more prominently this time. "You have a cute laugh,"

Loki narrows down the hall with you. "Thank you?"

"You're welcome," both of you reached the elevator and waited patiently. "Uhm, what happened a while back, in Midtown..." he hums for you to go on. "Thank you, for what you said, for listening to me,"

"I'll always be here for you, Y/n, I promise you... and I am a man of my word,"

"I do have another request though..." fiddling nervously, you breathe out, "don't tell anyone?"

"Of course, no questions asked," both his hands were held up.

"Thank you, Lokes," you pat his arm softly and exit the elevator to the lab while he continued to the main quarters.

~~~

E

- Anna ❤️