Chapter 12 - Get dry

Loki placed you down, both of you shaking off the rain water with laughs. Happy walked forward with towels and his usual stoic face. "Hey, Haps," you take the towel as he smiles the most he would.

"Get dry," Happy says monotonously so you quicken to the elevator with the god who combed his drenched hair back, patting his face with the towel as you wrapped it tight around you.

Loki sighs out in a playful frustration when you sneeze. "I knew you'd get sick," the towel he had was also placed over you.

"It's nothing, trust me," you nudge him as the doors open to reveal the lounging team with small grins. "Thanks, blondie, loving the weather,"

"I am the god of thunder, not rain," he wiggles his finger, gobbling down another pop tart.

"Come on, let's get you dry before you get worse," Loki ushered you to your room, tossing his jacket and tie in his room before running you a bath to the perfect temperature. "After this take a nap and I'll wake you up for dinner, alright?"

"Yes, sir," saluting with a foot stomp he took the towels.

"Go," he laughs at your antics, leaving to his own room to get ready for dinner which should be in a few hours.

~~~

The raven haired god saw his brother smirking from his usual spot on the dinner table. "Yes?"

"Þú ert ástfanginn~" (You are in love~)

"I certainly am not," he brews himself some tea as the others settle at the table for dinner; tonight Clint made chicken Parmesan.

"What are you not?" Sam asks.

"In love," Loki rolls his eyes.

"Oh, no, no," Thor rises from his seat and walks to grab Loki's shoulders. "Þú elskar hana meira en þú hefur einhvern tíma elskað neinn annan!" The trickster's shoulders were shook aggressively. (You love her more than you have ever loved anyone else!)

"He's saying something about loving more than he's ever loved," Bucky tilts his head as Nat confirms.

"Loki had a young love with this maiden called Sigyn and they were set to wed a century ago but they agreed against it for they were too young,"

"Thank you for the reminder, brother," Loki snarls, pushing him away. "Sigyn is a friend as is Y/n, I don't fall in love because love isn't real," he says matter-of-factually. "Now, excuse me, I need to wake Y/n up before she misses dinner," he hurries off.

"In love," the group hums.

Loki knocked on your door twice before opening it up. The room was dark with light flooding from the hallway. He slipped in and walked over to beside you, kneeling down. "Y/n," he laid a hand on your cheek.

"Mm, no," you roll away from him. "Five more minutes,"

"You need to eat or you'll get a cold,"

"Let me die," you roll back and act dead.

"If you can do that, you're conscious enough to eat," he pulls you up only for ink figures to jump on his hand, punching them with no effect. "Y/n, stop being stubborn,"

"I believe the term is bratty," you quip jokingly from under the covers.

"Stop being a brat then," he hoists you into his arms only for you to go limp. "You're not that heavy,"

"What the fuck, dude," you grumble, standing up properly. "I'm not hungry,"

"Fine, but if you get hungry later tonight don't come to me whining," Loki folds his arms as you crawl back into bed.

"Whatever, dad,"

"I think you mean daddy, but alright," Nat snickers from the doorway making you send ink figures to tackle her foot. "Let her sleep, she's too stubborn when sleepy, even to be brat tamed,"

"Shut the fuck up, Nat!" You toss your strewn heel at her which she dodges and throws back hitting your head. "Ow," you muffle through the duvet. "Thanks,"

Loki soothed his burning cheeks by rubbing it against his blue tinting hands before walking out.

~~~

It was past 12 in the afternoon. Now, it was normal for you to sleep in but after last night, by the strike of 1PM, Loki knocked on your door in worry. A sore groan rung out making him sigh and walk in, "what did I say?"

"Don't remember and don't care,"

"I said that you'd get sick and what are you now?"

"Still a bad bitch, you can't kill me."

"Colds can't kill you, so stop being dramatic," he sat on your bed, "up," he demanded lightly.

"What are you? Dr Laing from high rise?"

"Don't know what that is,"

"It's a book," you cough into your hands as a he ran a green glow to check your state. "So, what's the diagnosis, Doc?"

"Fever caused by stubbornness and lack of self regard,"

"Thanks, I feel so much better now," you curled back up. "Any Asgardian remedies?"

"Herbal tea, bed rest, and comfort from loved ones, but to be fair Asgardian fevers are much more severe,"

"Call me lucky," you sniffle, sneezing a few times before groaning. "Kill me,"

"Not today, not just yet," he smiles making you snap your head to him. "I'll be back,"

~~~

LOKI RELEASES TODAY!!! (It's 8AM on June 9th - Loki releases 3PM here so)

ARE YOU GUYS EXCITED???

- Anna ❤️