Chapter 20 - Swimsuits

Sun glared down in heated rays against the scattered sand running along the shore line. People bustled about in their own state of bliss on that fine day, holding hands with partners, laughing with friends or rounding up their children. The car parked perfectly thanks to Tony's perfect driving skills; you wondered why he needed Happy, the man could drive perfectly fine.

Piling out quickly, a few people stopped and started to take photos which made Peter start to panic, ducking down to crawl to the back once everyone had left. "Y/n! Psst!"

You turn back with an eyebrow raised and realized the situation; Peter, the genius he was, wore a Spider-man themed Hawaiian and swimming trunks. "Take off the shirt,"

"What? No, that's weird!" he whispers.

"Peter, we're at the beach,"

"What about the shorts??"

"Damn, okay," you hold up a finger for him to wait, rushing to Loki who was being bombarded by people asking for photos. "Excuse me, Ladies and Gents, I need to borrow him for a while,"

Loki felt his collar being tugged on, feet stumbling as you dragged him towards the car. "What is it, woman??" He brushed you off him, finally realizing why you called. "Don't worry, Spiderling," Loki shot a spell over Peter, taking away any hint he may be Spider-man.

"Thank you, Mr Loki," he sighs, jumping out the car and helping Bruce take everything out the car. A few asked for your autograph, some asked for a picture and one girl asked for a hug which you happily gave.

~~~

"Okay, we're going to change, I expect no one hurt, dead or, worst of all, my snacks gone, or you'll end up... well,"

"Wonderful prioritizing," Vision notes, licking his finger to turn the page of his book about the Ship of Theseus paradox.

"Thanks, Toaster,"

"Why do Midgardians wear undergarments to the ocean?" Loki looks from an old man wearing speedos to Tony who was sipping at his coconut water.

"It's not, they're swimsuits,"

"They look like undergarments," Loki scoffs.

"Quiet, Loki, let them wear what they want," Thor stretches after ridding himself of his Mjolnir Hawaiian shirt, girls squealing from the sidelines to which he waves. "In Asgard women wear long dresses, that is our version of One-pieces, anything past the shins is a Bikini,"

"And guys?" Peter asks, intrigued by the cultural differences.

"Men will wear pants and tunics, but in private swimming quarters away from the public they may swim freely naked, it's really just a personal choice," the god explains further as Peter nods quickly.

"What are we talking about?" Wanda walks back in a low v-cut, two-piece, high cut, red swimsuit with a black shawl around her waist.

"The difference between swimsuits here and on Asgard," Vision gulps, eyes widening when he lays eyes on Wanda. "You look stunning,"

"Aw, Vis," she smiles softly, walking to settle next to him.

"Eh, no sister of mine will wear such things," Pietro put a blanket over her lap as Loki puts another on her shoulders covering her up.

"Must agree here, Witchling, I don't want anyone getting ideas," Loki pats her head sweetly as she glares at both men.

"It's not that bad, stop being so protective,"

"I think I have every right to-" Loki turns swiftly at freezes in his spot, laying eyes on you. Gold clasps down from around your neck, the one-piece swimsuit had an appropriate mesh triangular cut on the front, ending at your upper stomach. Green fabric made up the lower middle cut as black cuts, on both sides, formed the sides, attaching to make the halter shape.

(Change this however you want!)

Loki stood agape, unable to speak or form proper thoughts. His eyes lingered along you before meeting your knowingly prideful and taunting eyes. A cough left him, finally finding his silver tongue. "Like I said, I have every right to care for my student, and I will not stand for anyone to take advantage of her before I am able to teach her harmful spells of retaliation,"

"Smooth," Nat coughs, walking by in her swimsuit with a cute Black Widow symbol on the front of the halter bikini top.

"Shut up," Loki hisses subtly, turning to his towel and settling down, head resting on a rolled extra towel.

"Friday, set up the beach safe protocol," Tony sips in pure bliss as small drones beamed out from the car and zoomed the corner the groups space, protecting belongings from being stolen. "Go have fun, kids," Stark sat back and closed his eyes, his suit going off to find another coconut for him.

"You heard the old man, up," you hoisted Sam up long with Bucky as Steve slowly removed his shirt.

"Hurry up, this isn't a strip tease, Steve," Bucky yells as he and Sam run to the water.

"No, no, let him take his time," you scold the men who roll their eyes as Steve nudges you slightly. "Blondie, Legolas, Turbo, Pete, Liquorice, let's go!"

Blue zoomed by you like a blur, Pietro and Peter missing and now in the water, Clint was quick on his feet, trying to catch up, cursing under his breath for not stretching, as Thor held his hand out for his brother.

"No," the Trickster said simply, resuming his reading with sunglasses increasing his dismissal of his brother.

"Get in the water before I tell everyone where you secret stash of chocolate is," Loki glares to Tony's threat before slamming his book closed, shoving it in a bag with his sunglasses and standing up.

"You keep your promise, or else, Stark," he snarls to the billionaire who waves him away.

You were half way to the ocean, turning back with a sight you hadn't forgotten. The slim figure and lightly toned shape of his torso, lean and pale. Vague lines formed a 'v' downward, disappearing beneath his clothing, both hands adjusting the positioning of his swimming suit. He stretched in such a subtle motion, every inch of him moving in an annoyed way, stopping when he saw a group of women and a few men staring with drool practically leaving their lips.

"Ladies, Gentlemen," he bows his head at them, passing in confusion as they ignored Thor. "Odd,"

"That's because not everyone digs Thor's big muscly blonde image," you quip when he finally nears you.

"Do you?" He smirks as you grin Cheshire-like back at him teasingly.

"Maybe," spinning on your heel, you calm the heat in your cheeks, trekking down to the water as Loki rolls his eyes, hiding a rising flush of pink on his face.

~~~

Descriptions, descriptions, man they're either great or taxing

Yes a second chapter because I'm tempted to pull a 'Tightrope' and spam publish chapters.

- Anna ❤️