Little Lotte/ The Mirror

I was bored so I decided to start a small series with basically saying how the characters feel throughout the musical so enjoy! :)

Christine rushed back to her dressing room, trying to avoid the crowds of people wanting to see her. A blood red rose with a velvet ribbon she held close to her heart as she closed the heavy wooden doors behind her, the brunettes first thought was to get this stupid gala skirt off of her. She thought it was beautiful but man was it heavy.

Once the soprano changed into her white dressing gown she sat down at her vanity and began to take off her Elissa crown. Muffled voices talked outside of Christine's dressing room, she recognized two of them as the managers but one was unknown.

"Christine daae. Where is your red scarf?"

Christine was pulled out of her thoughts by a man in her dressing room, her head jolted up towards her mirror to see him. The man had short curly golden hair, ocean blue eyes, was around average height, he was definitely attractive but not her type. He seemed familiar, too familiar.

"Monsieur?"

The soprano asked, confused. What was this man doing in her dressing room in the first place? Doesn't he know to knock before entering? "You couldn't have lost it, after all the trouble I took, I was just 14 and soaked to the skin" The familiar man said gently, glazing at her through the mirror. Then it clicked, it was the boy who got her scarf from the sea! Raoul! Oh how she missed him dearly.

The boy walked behind her and began to sing the song that would never leave her mind. 

"Little Lotte let her mind wander"

"Remember that too!"

"Little Lotte thought: Am I fonder of dolls
Or of goblins or shoes?"

"Or of riddles of frocks,Those picnics in the attic" Raoul came behind her and gently placed his hands on her shoulders in a comforting way 

"Or of chocolates?"

"Father playing the violin" Christine smiled at the memory 

"As we read to each other dark stories of the North" the patron leaned over slightly looking at her through the vanity mirror.

"No, what I love best, Lotte said
Is when I'm asleep in my bed
And the Angel of Music sings songs in my head
The Angel of Music sings songs in my head" The brunette looked down at the blood red rose that rested on the desk, "well.. father is dead Raoul… and I have been visited by the angel of music!" Her childhood sweetheart kneeled next to her and gazed into her emerald orbs. "No doubt of it! But now, we go to supper"  he then got up almost excitedly, A panic rushed though Christine 

 "Raoul no the angel of music is very strict!"

"I shall not keep you up late" 

"No Thi-"

"You must change, I shall get my hat. Two minutes. Little lottie" he then Exited my dressing room leaving me in shock and panic, "Things have changed Raoul…" Christine whispered to herself. 

A presence fell over the room, a cold drift came from beside her blowing out the candles on her vanity. A pit formed in her stomach causing her to feel strange.

"Insolent boy!
This slave of fashion
Basking in your glory!

Ignorant fool!
This brave young suitor
Sharing in my triumph!"

A Man's voice caused her to jump, Christine's angel was almost always gentle with her and now what was happening caused her shock. 

"Angel, I hear you
Speak, I listen
Stay by my side, guide me!
Angel, my soul was weak
Forgive me
Enter at last, Master."

The soprano looked up at the ceiling as if she was trying to find where her angel hid. 

"Flattering child, you shall know me
See why in shadow I hide
Look at your face in the mirror
I am there inside!"

The woman slowly turned to the full body mirror beside her, a tall man with a mask stood there his hand outstretched for her. 
She began walking towards the mirror, a trance like sensation pulled her forwards. 

"Angel of Music!
Guide and guardian!
Grant to me your glory!
Angel of Music!
Hide no longer!
Come to me, strange angel…."

Christine's mouth hung slightly as she walked, not daring eye contact with the man. He began to sing, his voice hypnosting her.

I am your Angel of Music

Come to me, Angel of Music

I am your Angel of Music

Come to me, Angel of Music…...