Thunder

Christine pov:
1:57 am 

I jumped up at the sound of thunder, the wind howled outside as I caught my breath. I never liked storms, I was fine with heavy rain otherwise it's a No. After I saw none of the other ballerinas where up I pushed the covers off and hopped out of bed, I quietly made my way out of the dormitories. I would usually crawl into Meg's bed on nights like these but to be honest I can't stand her kicking me to death and I wanted to see him. 

I practically sprinted down the stairs as the thunder continued, almost tripping over my nightgown doing so. I ran across the stage, backstage, and through a door to the catacombs. Thankfully maestro showed me the fastest way down to him, I quickly walked in the darkness, a few select candles lit the way. 

After 5 minutes of running through the catacombs I made it to the edge of the lake, before I could say anything a figure came out from the hall. Erik jumped seeing me standing there uninvited, "Christine? What are you doing here at this time of night?" My love asked nearing me. "I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have come- I really shouldn't have but I just couldn't sleep-" "because of the thunder?" He asked, ending my rambles. I nodded nervously, I had told him about it a while ago in case a situation like this happened. He cupped my face, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead. "Well, one of the advantages of living 5 levels underground is that you can barely hear it down here" Erik mumbled in my hair as I hugged him. "Can...Can I stay with you?" I looked up to him, the deformed man's lips curled into a small smile as he nodded. 

He then led me to his room, well our room. I wish I could be with him here every night, but unfortunately I can't due to early and Long rehearsals. I flopped into the sheets tiredly, my head hitting the pillow-oh My god his bed is so nice. Erik snorted as he watched me "what?"' I asked looking at him who was talking off his shoes, "you" He responded. I watched as he hesitantly took off his mask, after all this time he still doesn't think I'm comfortable with it. 

He lied down next to me and pulled the covers up, I turned fully on my side facing him. I blew a piece of his hair out of his face causing to look at me in confusion, "it was bothering me" I stated simply. He smiled as I leaned into his chest, my head resting on the ruffle of his shirt as my hand traced a few of his scars. I wish we could just stay like this, nothing in the world would bother us, not even storms. We sat there just soaking in each other's presence, "I love you my angel" He whispered pressing another kiss to my hair, "I love you too, goodnight my love" "goodnight" 

Sorry for not posting for so long, I've been very busy hope you guys understand :))