chapter 13

(y/n)'s pov ;;

a noisy ,BANG!' burst through my ears, pulling me out of my thoughts and averting my attention to the black smoke filling the air above us. what is that for? i felt a sense of fear crawl up my spine, looking up towards Levi to see a serious expression covering his face, making me even more uneasy.

i pulled at the edge of his cloak, "what does, uh, what did that black smoke stuff mean?" i nervously fidgeted, hoping for a positive answer.

"there's an abnormal titan heading this way," he responded, before noticing my expression, "but we'll be okay."

his reassurance left me a little calmer than before, yet the news of a titan coming towards us raised even more fear. nonetheless an abnormal titan, whatever that was!

i took a few deep breaths to ground myself, Levi would make sure that i was out of harms way, right? plus, all the squad members surrounding us on their horses would easily be strong enough to take on a singular titan...

...right?

the ground beneath us suddenly began to shake as if an earthquake had struck us, and as i turned to look behind us, i made eye contact with a titan.

it's arms bent at it's sides and waving around as it ran on it's two floppy legs at an incredible speed. the ground beneath it rattled with every step and leap it took, and it was obviously heading beeline towards us.

my eyes widened with fear as i unconsciously sucked in a deep breath and held it, unable to take my eyes off of it. it felt as if the world around me began to move in slow motion, forcing me to watch as the titan grew closer and closer to me without hesitation. i hadn't even noticed Levi and the other squad members take off around me to begin their merciless attack on the titan.

my body scooted itself backwards as if to try and move myself further away from the human-like monster, yet it did nothing as the titan started reaching its large, opened hand towards me.

my throat felt as if it had closed up and i was unable to make any noise as my body was squeezed and pulled towards the titan.

,oh my god, oh my god. please, put me down, don't hurt me, plea-' my thoughts were cut off by the monster... speaking?

"you... coming with me. not going... to hurt you."

i frantically whipped my head to those trying to land a hit on the titan around me, yet none of them seems to have acknowldged the titans words. couldn't they hear it?

through my confusion, i watched as the titan somehow began sprinting faster with me in its grip, disregarding my obvious discomfort.

"u-uh, please put me down! i really don't-don't want to, um, go with you?" i begged, trying to speak loud enough for the titan to hear.

it's eyes glanced down at me for a moment, before looking forwards once again, "no... we need you."

i decided to ignore it's odd answer and twisted my head to stare behind me, noticing the squad turning to go back to their horses, yelling at Levi to not follow me. they grew further and further away, leaving me with wherever this titan was planning on taking me...

( guys give me name suggestions for titans in later chapters of this book pls LMAO )