Chapter 6

I slowly stood up and put the book back on the chair I was sitting on. Levi opened the door for me and closed it behind us as we left. We started our journey to the Mess Hall, I noticed not many people were around. I guess they must all be having Dinner already.

As we were walking, I looked out a window and noticed how dark it was outside. It looks like the sun set about an hour or two ago. Once we got to the Mess Hall, Levi, once again, opened the door for me and closed it behind us. Like this morning, everyone was staring, which made me really nervous about doing something, anything, wrong.

Once we got to the table, I sat down as Levi went to go get our food. I ended up talking to Petra for a while, then Levi came back with our food and we started eating. I didn't talk much, I was mostly thinking about what has happened. First, both my mom and dad get eaten, then the Survey Corps comes and takes me to their HQ. It's been a very tiring and confusing day.

After me and Levi finish dinner, he takes me to my room and leaves. As I go towards my bed, I notice that the book I was reading in Levi's Office was on it. I pick the book up and open to the page that I finished on. I got onto my bed and start reading until I manage to fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Levi's P.O.V~

'Tch, damn that brat is cute.' I thought as I looked up from my work and saw them sitting on a chair near my desk, reading the book I gave them. I shook my head and focused back on my work, I still have another pile to do. I continued my work for a while more, until I looked at the clock and realised that it was time for dinner.

I told the brat that it was time for dinner. They just nodded, then stood up and followed me out into the halls. As I was walking, I noticed the brat looking out the window. 'I wonder what they're thinking about...' I thought to myself. When we got to the Mess Hall, I opened the door for the brat. As we walked in, I noticed everyone was staring and the brat seemed on edge. I gave a small glare to everyone looking. They quickly looked away.

The brat sat down, while I went to get the food. Once I got back, I noticed that Petra was talking to the kid. I smiled in the inside, knowing that they weren't that lonely. I gave the brat their food and I sat down and ate mine. I noticed the brat didn't talk much, were they shy? Or maybe they just didn't feel like talking? 'Tch, why should I care?' I silently argued with myself.

After we had finished eating, I took the brat to their room and left. I went back to my office and started doing paperwork. My mind started wondering back to that kid. 'I should ask Shitty-Glasses about them tomorrow' I finally decided. But it didn't stop my mind from thinking about that brat. 'Did their parents get eaten? Did they see them die?' I started thinking about what they could have been through. "Ugh, I need sleep to get my mind of this..." I whispered to myself. The paperwork could be done tomorrow.

I stood up from my chair and walked over to my bed. I layer down and pulled the covers over me. I blew out the candles next to my bed and slowly drifted into a deep and dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this was so short, guys. Also, sorry, it took so long for me to update! I have school and homework to do. The next few updates should hopefully be getting better! Bye for nowww.~