{1} When it all started

Odette was a low maintenance child. She never asked for much and in turn never got much. All she ever wanted was the safety of her younger brother, Harry Potter. The two shared a room together in 4 Privet drive. Well, it wasn't much of a room as much as it was a cupboard under the stairs. Either way, the two made it work.

She and Harry lived in their awful of a human aunt's house, along with her husband and only child, Dudley. Her caretakers had told her that her parents had died in a carcrash, resulting to her and her brother's unwelcomed stay in their house. She'd wanted to tell them they could leave, she wanted to tell them that she was just a child, that she could not control the fate of her life.

Due to her uncle's occupation, there was a lot of mail that came and left the house. One morning like every other, she picked it up. She was surprised to find one adressed to her. If Vernon knew she'd gotten mail, he'd for sure take it, so she hid it in one of her pockets, giving him the rest. She excused herself from the breakfast table early, and went into the cupboard to read it.

Someone must've been playing a joke on her because the letter said she'd gotten into a school of witchcraft and wizardry. It was all ruined when Vernon yanked the letter from her hand. Dudley had apparently seen it poking through her pocket and told him.

It wasn't the only letter.

More and more came her way, until the driveway was full of owls, causing her to stay up all night. Vernon did not give in. He'd either burn the letters or throw them away.

One day instead of the letters came a gigantic man. He had a frizzy beard that covered most of his face and his clothes were of the color brown. He introduced himself as Rubeus Hagrid. Odette could not believe her ears as the true cause for her parents' death came to view.
"You told us they died in a car crash!" She'd shouted, making Petunia flinch. The thing was she knew the true reason, she remembered.
Hagrid had been offended. He'd left Odette a couple of minutes to pack and had stormed off with the girl. She'd hugged Harry very tightly and then had promised that one day he'd go with her.

Diagon Alley was as beautiful as an alley could get. There were shops and vendors everywhere. Upon arrival at the Leaky Cauldron, Odette had been recognised immediately. She already knew what had transpired. She was cursed to remember it. It was painful when people reminded her.

She'd bought every requirement with little worry on how much she was spending considering her parents' wealth. She'd been walking at King's Cross station, hoping to find platform 9¾ when she saw a family of ginger wizards, shouting and doing the same.

She walked up to the woman who seemed to be the mother. "Uhm, excuse me?" She said.
"Oh hello dear." The mother of the children said. "What do you need?" She had the sweetest tune Odette had ever heard.
"How- how do I-" Odette stuttered.
"How to get onto the platform?" The lady chuckled. "Don't worry it's Fred and George's first time at Hogwarts aswell." The identical twins smiled at Odette. "So what you do, is you walk straight into the wall, right here in the middle."
"Thank you.." Odette started.
"Molly Weasley, dear."
"Thank you Mrs. Weasley!" She said following the twins into the platform.

They'd talked to her the whole time, and she hadn't bothered to kick them out when they'd walked in the same compartment as her. Another boy had asked to join them. He went by the name Lee Jordan.
"Nice to meet you." She smiled. "I'm Odette Potter."
"The one and only?" The twins asked in unsion.
"What do you mean?" She asked confused.
"Oh we've got a lot to tell you." They smirked and after that they were inseperable.

͛

It was now her third year at Hogwarts, which meant Harry would finally be joining her. It was a relief she could watch over him more. It became even better when her favorite people opened the door and sat beside her.
"You two only seem to grow." She looked at the twins.
"It is," Fred began.
"Our very special talent." George winked and moved seats so he could be right next to her. She didn't like how that made her stomach react.

It was a few minutes later that a little girl with frizzy/curly hair opened their door. "Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville's lost one."
"If any of these three is what you're looking for, then yes. If not, I'm afraid we haven't." Odette got off George's shoulder.
"That's so rude of you to say, Detta." Lee gasped.
"Yeah I'm sorry for offending the poor toad like that." She chuckled. "Anyways, what's your name?" She asked the girl.
"I'm Hermione Granger, and you are?" She smiled.
"I'm Odette Potter, these are my idiotic friends, George, Lee and Fred." Odette smiled in return.

"Are you by chance Harry's sister?"
"You met my brother?"
Hermione nodded. The girl ran off to help Neville find his toad.
"She seemed nice." Said Lee.
"I guess not," Fred spoke next.
"All first years are total pricks." George finished.
"That's 'cause they're not all Weasleys." Odette mumbled.
"How do you two even-" Lee asked.
"Don't even ask. They won't tell."

Katie had decided to come in next, inviting Odette to their compartment.
"Sorry, I'll pass. My bitches need me." She smirked.
"Why, is a giant spider going to attack us?" Lee asked.
"Bloody hope it does. At least it'll shut you up." Odette said. "Anyways, you girls have fun!"
"Yeah, enjoy your foursome." She ran out.
"Uhm, ew!" Odette got to the door. "You are gross Katie, gross!" The girl sat back on her seat and the boys were all giggling. "Oh shut up." She frowned.
"Don't be so sad." Fred said.
"You know you'd have a good time." George finished.

"You know what? About that thing with the girls, I'll think I'll go." Odette coughed.
"Noo wait!" Lee said as she exited the compartment closing the door behind her. She felt someone's arms wrapped around her and she turned around to kick some ass, but it was her friend, Cedric Diggory.
"Gosh- you scared me!" Odette said hugging him.
"Sorry- I missed you." He smiled.
"I'm regretting missing you after that."

After the short encounter, Odette went back to her compartment and smiled as the other three made all sorts of plans of new pranks.