{9} Butterbeer

IMMMM BAAAACKKK

__________

"Fredrick?" Odette lit up the Marauder's map, calling the boy over, one of her brows raised higher than the other in a questioning manner. She squinted her eyes to make sure they were not decieving her.
"Hm?"
"Is there a Tom Riddle in Hogwarts?"
"Why?"
"Cause if there isn't, I'm pretty sure that makes Quirrell gay." She showed him the map, and he beckoned George over, who stood behind her other shoulder. The two men seemed to be awfully close to each other, as everywhere Quirrell walked, Tom seemed to follow.

Odette closed the map, "Mischief Managed."
"What in the world was that for?" Fred beckoned, stretching to grab the paper, but Odette stretched her arm out so it was out of reach.
"I'm distrubed."
"You're disturbing." Fred said, having given up on the map, instead playing with a paper airplane he had constructed prior.
"Hello Weasleys!" Lee barged in the room before Odette could make a remark towards Fred. "Oh, and Potter. Don't you have any other friends? Why are you always with them?"
"You speak a lot for someone who's always with them, too. And as for your information, not that I should explain myself to you, I'm here to work on our divination project."

"Well now that I'm here, you ought to work on the project later."
Odette yanked a paper away from Fred, they were starting to run out as he had turned all of them into paper airplanes. "It's due tomorrow." Fred glared at her, standing so he could pick up one of the airplanes that he'd already thrown.
George, who had not spoken in a while, finally opened his mouth, and to Odette's disappointment, to agree with Lee. "You know, we'll get a high mark as long as something bad happens to us."
"He's right. We die," Fred said.
"Our grade ends up being high." George finished.

Odette sighed, storing all their material into an old wooden box. "Speak."
Lee went on a long tangent about their Summer, and it ended in a reveal where Fred had secretly spoken to Cedric. Mid-way, they had discovered that he'd had more of the happiness-infusing sandwiches, and that he had zero filter once he began speaking. According to him, Fred had had the "big brother talk" with Cedric. And while that may have been sweet, he had also brought the boy down by telling him that he would never be good enough for Odette. After she stared at him, waiting for an explanation that never came, she left the room angrily. She would not have to fake predict Fred's death for their project, she would orchestrate it herself.

Then she smiled to herself. Fred had gone out of his way to let it be known that if Cedric even thought of hurting her, he'd have to deal with him. She was just about to turn back when she heard the boy calling to her, and she deemed the situation worthy of a free butterbeer, as per tradition.
"Odette, wait please!" He ran after her.
She spoke, "I'm not talking to you." Though telling him that seemed to defeat the purpose of the action.
"Look, I'm sorry I spoke to Cedric and did not tell you. But I promise I did not do it with any bad intentions. You are my best friend and I owe you a butterbeer. So please, could you find it in your cold, cruel heart to forgive me?"
Odette could not help but smile.

On their way to grab the butterbeer, however, Ron intercepted. He had lost Scabbers, and required help. As much as Odette was craving the butterbeer, she had to put her needs second. She and Fred walked around with Ron, shouting out the rat's forsaken name, as they looked all around the Castle for it.
"Ronald, I think it's time we accept it and agree that your rat is no longer among us." Odette just said when the rat ran into Ron's hands.
"I think Scabbers says otherwise." He said, tucking the creature into his pocket. It's little nose and claws peeked out right before Ron shoved it back in with his hand.
"Speaking of rat," Said Odette, "where's Harry?"
"In detention. Snape does not like him as he keeps talking back."

"That's my monkey."
"That's what you're proud of?" Fred crossed his arms over his chest, leaning on one leg.
"Says the one who gets detention like seven times a day."
"Don't you as well?"
"Only because I keep taking the fall for you."
He scoffed, "first of all," And before he could begin his rant, Ron had already abandoned Odette. "You do not take the fall, as half of the ideas are yours to begin with. Second of all, participating in something does not equal taking the fall for it."
Odette merely laughed, linking their arms together. She pulled him out of the Castle and soon they were on their way to get the butterbeer she dramatically acted to get.