Young Again (Jason x Piper) ✨

Sep 2nd, 2019

A/N: In this house we ignore canon -Danny.

P.S. You liked the song? You should totally suscribe to the band, just saying, they're great.

Request: can u make a jasper fic?

Words: 1,312

Warnings: None, fluff all around and bad writing cause I did not proofread (not a surprise ik)

Listen to:

I've been searching for someone
Like you, for so much time now
I know that you can make me
Happy if you tried to

Piper wasn't the romantic type, but she was positively in love with Jason. Sweet, gentle, Jason Grace. He was the one.

Or maybe she was the romantic type, maybe she unconsciously turned around every corner hoping to find someone good enough to take home, to have a normal life and never feel like she had to fight for a family ever again.

He could turn any bad situation into an opportunity, with him things were simple, and time was nothing but a way to measure the memories. She was sure, Jason could make her happy almost like he was born for it.

Blonde hair, blue eyes and oh that
Smile, oh I could stay a
While, right here in your
Arms and, now I'm falling

By the time she and Jason had their third anniversary things were more than amazing. Sure, there were some ups and downs but all she could think of right on that moment, looking at his features reflecting the sun and the way his giggle turned into loud laughter, was that she could spend her forever like this and feel like it's been just one lazy Sunday.

She fell while Jason held her during the campfires, humming in the lowest voice possible, one that no one but Piper could hear, and it was soft and calming. She fell every time he would laugh at her jokes or look at her for more than a second. Piper fell and kept falling but never let go of his grasp.

For you, you make my heart skip
So close, so close I can't miss
This love, this love on my lips
All I ask is

Jason had a difficult childhood. Not bad, I mean, he had a home and friends and food, it was just... the whole fighting and the heavy responsibility he had to carry around just for being Zeus' son. He was raised to be a leader, which meant zero fun and tons of homework. That, until the moment he met Piper and Leo. He still had to be the one leading but since his memory was not at its best he found himself finding the beauty in taking a break from time to time.

Jason had lost more than a family, sometimes he'd drown in the what-ifs, wishing for things to be different, hoping that maybe, in another timeline, he could get the whole thing: victory, peace, and happiness. All in one.

Piper was that for him. The dream life was tied to her pinky and Jason found himself tying the loose end around his wrist. Whenever things got messy and Jason didn't find an answer Piper was there to help, brown eyes that were as welcoming as a newfound home.

He was so close to happiness when they kissed, it was impossible not to call it love.

Can we be young again
Feel the air in our lungs again
Oh my soul wants to fly again
Can we be young
Can we be young

All was reachable, he could restart in a life where no one asked him to be perfect, he didn't have to take care of everyone, just him and Pipes. He could be young again and only worry about the little things.