Chapter 6

Adrian's POV

After calling Flo, I paced back and forth in the hospital waiting room, the white tiles soon blending into one another as my head spun with horrific thoughts of what had happened. Luckily, I was his emergency contact, so I was quickly here. All I know is he is in surgery, but god somebody shot him.

Fuck I punch the wall. He was fucking shot.

I was not one to get angry but in this moment I couldn't rest, deep inside of me was burning, filled with a vicious rage to hurt whoever shot my boyfriend.

I could feel the glares of the nurses, so I sat down , leaning forward my head in between my hands, I have no idea how long I was in this position but the next thing I knew the boys and Flo had arrive.

"Where is he?" Lawrence asked, gripping my in a tight hug and Jay kept his arm around a clearly terrified Flo.

"In surgery, hopefully he will be out soon if everything goes well" We sat down close together Flo not leaving one of our sides even if someone got up to get coffee or to go to the bathroom, she moved to another seat and placed herself on one of our laps. Currently she was sat on my lap and I could feel her leg quivering in fear. I gently rocked her knowing that calming her down will calm us down, which is did well as much as possible when someone you love is shot.

"Tristian's Family" The doctor called, we all rushed up to meet her.

"Tristian has just come out of the operating room, he is still asleep but is stable, the bullet went through his shoulder and although he had passed out after the first hit he was actually shot a second time in the ankle which means he will need to be on crutches for six weeks. If he heals properly he should be home by tomorrow however he will be in pain and might need someone to watch over him, Will that be possible?"

"Yes" We all said in unison. She seemed slightly shocked by all of us being here but didn't question it.

"I can only let those closest to him in now, and as no family is here, his partner would go in next who would that be?" She said which for most couples would be a simple answer.

"All of us" Lawrence spoke, no hesitation a dark serious tone to his voice, I know he must be angry deep down, the same as me but first we need to check on Trist.

"Come this way".

As we headed to the room, his once intense and intimidating body looked now so small and vulnerable in the hospital bed. With tears welling in my eyes, I held his hand and kissed it hoping he knows I am here.

Please be able to feel my presence, please dear god know I am here with you.

As my grip on his hand never faltered I felt him tightly grip back. Despite his gentle slumber from the medication, he was safe in this moment. It took around two hours for him to wake up but once he did it was like I was seeing his eyes for the first time.

"Hi" He groaned shifting himself slightly to sit up, I helped him as he must be in pain.

"Babe do you remember what happened?" I ask him , as Jay and Flo walk in the with balloons and a teddy bear.

"I was downtown, coming out of work and there was someone in front of me. I couldn't see their face. They just had a long trench coat on and when I tried to get around them they held up a gun. That was the last thing I remember".

Flo sat at the end of his bed with the teddy and put some fluffy socks on him, the same way he does to her when she feels poorly.

"Thank You Angel" He tiredly smiled still holding my hand.

" So, this happened in front of the museum?" Lawrence asked.

"Yeah, about 5pm"

"Well, you are okay now Bubs, we will be here to help you recover". We all sat in silence, just together and the realisation that this was the unfortunate world we lived in. Whatever happened today was something that will happen to others tomorrow and maybe they won't be as lucky.

--------------------

TW. Guns Control

Hello Dolls. I just wanted to say I know these chapters can be upsetting but there is a bigger picture, I'm from England and I am lucky that my country has strict gun laws, but I have included this story line because the majority of my readers are American, and my story is sat in Cali.

Gun control is really important and is a huge issue, it's heart breaking to see so many gun related incidents in the US and I can't imagine how scary it is for the citizens. Please remember to be safe, and never stop fighting for your right to live, without being afraid to go to school, a mall, a mosque, church, club etc. 

I love you all so much, stay safe xx