Seven

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

𝘉𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴

*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*

You squeeze Eren's hand tightly as you both leave the building, after voting of course. Eren— like he said, didn't vote. He didn't give you an explanation when you asked him, he simply shrugged and said he doesn't care much about the list like you would expect him to. He kindly offered to walk with you back to your dorm room, considering it was past midnight and although it was deserted on the college grounds, he felt like you'd be safer if he came along. You thought it was kind and accepted his offer.

''Why did you want to leave so quickly. Don't like Zeke?'' Eren chuckles deeply, his hands stuffed in his pockets as he walks next to you. You move your head to face him, taking his handsome features in as the moonlight and streetlamps gently light up his face. You knit your brows together as you realise Eren knows his name, which probably means they are or were friends. If they were friends then you didn't want to shit talk Zeke, but it was difficult since you still held a grudge against him. You weren't necessarily the type of person who would shit talk your ex— you rather found it annoying when girls did so. You dated someone because you felt a strong feeling for them, maybe love even. It wouldn't be fair to yourself- and to them if you would continuously shit talk someone you used to have a good time with.

But Zeke was different in your eyes. You actually hate him. You couldn't stand him after what happened and there was no way for you to ever think nicely of him again. Even when things went down and the two of you broke up, he seemed to have never regret doing what he did. He didn't make any mistakes in his eyes. It wasn't like you wanted him to go on his knees and beg for your forgiveness— that would be too much. But you wanted him to acknowledge his mistakes and at least tell you something that would clear up the air.

He didn't care about that. Once he got obsessed with that list- there was no going back. He got rid of you in a disgusting way— but at least he could do whatever he wanted now. It still hurt you, it had scarred you and wounded your heart more than you liked to admit. Him being your first love and all, some feelings would linger. Someone could easily toss you away like that— without any regret of the way it happened.

''Hey, you ok?'' Eren stands still and puts his hand on your shoulder, making you stop walking any further. You realise you had zoned out and shake your head before smiling at him, causing him to cock his head to the side in confusion and curiosity. He wanted to know what was going on in that head of yours but felt like it was going to be an unanswered question if he'd ask. You two weren't exactly friends yet— only meeting tonight and having sex wasn't exactly making the bond between you any stronger. In some kind of way- yes, but not in a 'friend' way. ''Yeah, I'm fine,'' you huff, ''do... do you know Zeke?''

You two started walking again. ''I know him... too well,'' he chuckles again, sending chills down your spine for some reason. His laugh was husky and charming, it almost being something you could listen to all and every day without getting bored of it. ''Why do you ask?''

''I was just wondering— I'm not the biggest fan of him and I won't speak my honest opinion about him now that I know you know him,'' you spoke quickly, your words leaving your mouth before you could think about what you just said to him, ''I mean- I-''

''Don't worry,'' he chuckles for the hundredth time tonight, ''it's fine. I know there's quite a lot of people who dislike him. Only reason I have to put up with him is because we go back... way back, to birth actually.''

''Birth?!''

''Meaning he's my brother,'' Eren winks at you and you narrow your eyes. Zeke had never let you meet his family— always coming up with excuses or saying it was too early to meet them. You always respected his wishes and choices, but you never knew he had a brother. Eren and Zeke Yeager. Wow. It would've been nice if he at least revealed a little more about his family, Zeke. You unknowingly fucked his brother. Maybe that's why he looked at you so weirdly when you held Eren's hand, maybe that was the cause of the thick tension between the four of you. ''The only reason I put up with him is because we're family, I know he's a dick.''

''Yeah, he is,'' you mumble quiet enough for it to go past Eren's ears and you hoped he didn't hear it. You didn't feel like explaining what his brother did to you, feeling like he wouldn't care because the two of you aren't friends.

''It's funny to see him trying to find out who the number one is, what a grand reveal it will be once he finds out his brother is beating him in the game. I know he cheated on his girlfriend and mislead Yelena into putting him on the list. I feel sorry for the both of them. Well, I guess that's just who he is.''

You swallow thickly when you hear him mention the cheating thing, feeling a lump in your throat and shame filling your gut. If Eren knew- then more people knew. Even if nobody knew it was you— you still felt ashamed of people knowing the story. You were just that girl who Zeke had cheated on and people are pitying you with no doubt. You decided to huff out a fake laugh, reassuring Eren you had heard him, but didn't want to go further into the topic. The two of you now stand in the familiar hallway, in front of your door. ''Thank you for walking with me, Eren,'' you smile at him as you feel around yourself in the hopes of finding your key.

''No problem,'' he grins. Fuck. You forgot to bring your keys as you had expected to go back to your room with Ymir and Historia. But since they had left earlier, you were locked out. You knocked on the door about five times, getting no reaction whatsoever. You smile awkwardly at Eren and see him raise his eyebrows. ''They're not going to open the door.''

You think for a second. Maybe you could try to go to Sasha, but knew you wouldn't have any luck considering she shares her room with her boyfriend Nicollo, both of them probably being knocked out since it was late. Sasha was a heavy sleeper and Nicollo— well, you simply didn't want to third wheel. They only recently started dating and you felt like you would feel awkward and uncomfortable.

''I-'' ''you can sleep in my room if there's no other place you can crash at.'' Eren cut you off and you widen your eyes at his suggestion. ''I... I think that's very kind, Eren, but I can ask Jean if I can sleep at his place. I wouldn't want to take up space—''

''You wouldn't.''

You felt Eren's behaviour change when you mentioned Jean's name but quickly brush it off since it wasn't your business. Jean was your best friend, but the two of you lost contact as he studied abroad for two years and only came back recently. You hadn't spoken to him since he came back, so maybe crashing at Jean's place was out of the question as well— feeling like you shouldn't ask for favours the second someone you haven't talked to in a while comes back. You still see him as your best friend though.

''I'm not doing this so you can owe me something, Y/N. I'm just being friendly. Just stay at my place for the night and you can leave as soon as you want when you wake up. You're not thinking about sleeping outside on a bench, are you?''

You bite your bottom lip, suppressing a laugh as that thought did cross your mind for a second. You inhaled- and exhaled deeply as you nod swiftly. ''Alright, I'll take the offer then.''