Chapter 3

3rd POV

Ablus Dumbledore walked around his desk and picked up a bowl of candy. Ablus held it out to Asher, " lemon drop?" Asher looked at Dumbledore and shook his head. " Well more for me then" The old man popped the sour candy in his mouth and sat down. " Is there something wrong with me sir" Dumbledore looked at Asher.

" I was starting to worry that you couldn't talk" Ablus chuckled at his own joke. Asher gave the old man a small smile. " No son there isn't anything wrong with you. Now why would you ask such a question?" Dumbledore asked, looking at the boy worried. " Well my mum and dad never mentioned anyone not being sorted. They always had stories but I never heard about something like this. I haven't read about it either." Albus sat down, " Ah so this is what you're worried about. Well the reason why you have never heard about it is because it's never happened." Dumbledore stated; Asher looked like he had seen a ghost. His face went pale, his hands were pouring sweat. " So that means there is something wrong with me." He croaked. Asher's blue eyes were starting to tear up he balled his fist and started shaking. Albus looked at the boy. "Curious the boy is just like a hufflepuff but he still wouldn't fit in there" Albus Dumbledore thought to himself. " Look son there is nothing wrong with you. I think there is something blocking your mind that the sorting hat can't get through. I think someone is trying to hide secrets in your mind." Asher looked at the old man and was fully crying now. " So there is something wrong with me" Asher could barely choke that sentence out. Albus tried to reach towards the boy to comfort him but Asher slapped his hand away. " NO! DON'T TOUCH ME!" Asher screamed. The little boy shot straight up and ran away crying not really knowing where he was going. Albus watched him go. " So Severus you did your job but who could have foretold this would happen to him." Albus Dumbledore said to himself, looking at the door where Asher had run out; not knowing the events that would begin to unfold tonight. 

Asher POV

I ran as fast as I could. It looked like I was running from something but in fact I wasn't running from anything. I just couldn't listen to him anymore; I know he didn't mean anything bad, I just couldn't bear to think that there was something wrong with me, that I didn't fit in Hogwarts. I ran into something or someone. I fell back and hit my head hard on the stone floor. I could see the darkness creep into my vision then I heard shouting and then nothing I could see or hear or anything.