Young Peter

Peter Parker was six years old and he was very clever. He knew that 2+2=4 and 6+6=12 and even that 7+8=15. He also knew that the word 'cat' was spelled c-a-t and 'dog' was d-o-g and that 'the' started with a t-h, even though it doesn't really make sense. He knew lots of things. 

What he didn't know, however, was where his parents were and why they weren't coming home. His Aunt May had told him that they were in a magical place called heaven and they weren't allowed to come back, and Peter wasn't allowed to go until he was "at least one hundred with a beard and grandchildren and a house filled with random bits and bobs".

Peter didn't understand that, because he missed his parents and a hundred years was a long time. Uncle Ben had assured him that he would be living with them until he had a job and could live on his own, and then he had put his old funny hat on Peter's head, and smiled at Peter's giggles as it fell over his eyes. 

Peter also wasn't quite sure why his Aunt May had been crying while his Uncle Ben had comforted her when he got out of bed for water. His Mummy always told him people cried when they were sad or happy, and Peter hoped she was happy, because Peter didn't like it when his Aunt May was sad.

When his Mummy and his Daddy worried Peter too much, he did his favourite thing in the world to do: played with his Avengers action figures. His favourite was Iron Man, because red was his Daddy's favourite colour and gold was his Mummy's. His best friend Ned's favourite was the Hulk, but that was just because he liked his purple pants.

Peter was thrilled when his Aunt May got him an Iron Man helmet for Christmas: he put it on straight away and ran around the living room, exclaiming "watch out!" and "I'll save you!" as he passed. He refused to take it off, even when he had to go out to dinner with his Aunt and Uncle.

After dinner, Peter had seen something flash in an alley. He was curious, and Uncle Ben had a collection of shiny things, so he decided to investigate. 

He skipped towards the shiny thing, away from his Aunt and Uncle. whatever it was was behind a big bin now, so Peter carefully peered around it. When he saw the mean man with stubble and salt and pepper hair towering over a small lady in a ripped yellow dress with red flowers on, he gasped.

She was cowering on the ground, covering her head with her too thin arms and sobbing. Peter knew that she was definitely crying because she was sad. 

The ugly man raised his arm over his head, clearly about to hurt the lady, and Peter couldn't do nothing, so he jumped. His body weight wasn't much, but it was enough to knock the big man away from the woman.

The small boy, combined with the helmet he was still wearing, had knocked the man over and he had hit his head and gone to sleep. Peter scrambled to his feet and rushed to the woman's side, ignoring the pain in his side.

She was shivering and still crying when a large gust of wind blew down on them, followed by a familiar man in a red and gold suit. 

Iron Man landed in front of Peter and the woman, suit opening to reveal Tony Stark. 

Peter's jaw dropped. 

"Hi kid, how are you doing. Is this your mummy?" The Avenger asked, coming to kneel down next to them.

"No, my Aunt May told me that my mummy's in a magical place called heaven and my daddy's there to, but I can't visit them until I'm least one hundred with a beard and grandchildren and a house filled with bits and bobs. I miss them, and it's a long time until I'm 100, but my Aunt May and my Uncle Ben are going to take care of me until I have a job." Peter informed him very seriously.

"Is there anywhere that hurts?"

"My side hurts a bit, but I think this lady needs more help."  The lady's yellow dress was slowly turning red. Her eyes were shut and her head was tilted sideways. 

Iron Man reached out and took the girls hand, pressing his fingers to her wrist. There was a sad look in his eyes. He then pressed his fingers to her neck. 

"I don't think we can help this girl anymore, kid." Peter's brow furrowed in confusion. he was an Avenger, and she was right there. Why couldn't he help her.

The superhero stood up and walked back to his suit. "FRIDAY, one casualty at my location. Attacker unconscious and at the scene. One child here without any guardians."

"So then, kid, what's your name?"

"I'm Peter. Peter Parker." Tony's face flooded with realisation that Richard and Mary Parker, two SHEILD agents who had been killed earlier on in the year must be his parents.

"Oh yeah? I'm Tony Stark. Nice to meet you Peter. I like your mask. Let me check you r side for you."

"I know who you are, Mr Stark. You're an Avenger." Peter rolled his eyes, but found that he couldn't quite do it, so it turned into rolling his whole head and hoping his eyes went with it. Tony was carefully examining the boy's side as they spoke, finding that it was just slightly bruised, nothing to worry too much about, but warned him to tell his guardians so they could keep an eye on it.

"Where are your Aunt May and Uncle Ben, Peter?"

"I don't know, I ran off when I saw the shiny thing that the man was using to hurt the woman."

"Okay, let's go and find them, then." Tony offered Peter his hand and led him out of the alley. 

Almost the second they stepped onto the busy pavement, a frantic looking couple walked up to them, almost crying with relief. Peter ran into their arms. The woman came up to him and threw herself into his arms, thanking him over and over.

Peter, now released from the arms of his uncle walked in front of Mr Stark and tugged on his sleeve. "Thank you for helping me Mr Stark. It was really nice to meet you."

"It was really nice to meet you too, Peter. If you ever need anything, you can just ring this number and I can offer my assistance." He handed Peter a business card with his personal number on it and gave another to May.

"Bye bye, Mr Stark."

"See you later, kiddo."

As the trio walked in the direction of the apartment, Peter decided that he knew for sure that Iron Man was his favourite super hero. And he might not know what happened to the lady, or why Mr Stark couldn't help her, but he knew that Mr Stark was a nice person.

Not sure yet if I like this one but I'm publishing it anyways, because someone might. Thanks for reading. Love you 3000. X