Just an Awkward High School Romance

This is based off of my best friend and her new boyfriend because I think it's quite cute. 

Spideychelle 

When Peter Snapped MJ at first, she and her best friend, Betty, thought it was quite odd. They had barely spoken to school before, and the only thing they could think of that they had in common was a love of Friends. She replied to his awkward snap with an equally awkward one and they started texting daily. Not just about Friends. It turned out that they had a lot in common and could talk for hours without getting bored. They talked about their dream holidays, their dream jobs, their favourite TV shows and movies. It wasn't long before they became best friends. They were each other's best friends in Snapchat and their streak crept into the hundreds. It was late on one Friday when Betty got a FaceTime call from a distressed MJ.

She didn't bother with a greeting and the words just tumbled out of her mouth.

"I was Snapping Peter and we were talking about our past relationships, right? It was mostly just him telling me about his past experiences and me nodding along, because I've never had a boyfriend or anything, and we got onto year 8 when he had loads of girlfriends, yeah. He told me that in year 8 he had a crush on me and was dating all those other girls to try and get over me! And then he told me that I'm stunning and he's glad that I don't wear loads of makeup and cover up my natural beauty. And then he said that he didn't want any of the other girls and he only wanted me. I replied 'wtf' because I didn't know what to say and now I'm scared I hurt his feelings and what do I do?"

Betty whistled. She was taken aback by his words, but they were sweetly, even if they weren't exactly at the right moment. 

"Just tell him that you're flattered and that it's sweet. I mean, so what that he liked you a few years ago. We need to concentrate more on the fact that he obviously likes you now."

After calming down and replying properly to Peter, with Betty on FaceTime the whole time, MJ asked her blonde best friend a question.

"What do you mean he obviously likes me now?"

"MJ, its obvious! He slid into your DMs out of nowhere, and then he told you that he liked you! Why would he have done that if he didn't like you. The real question is: do you like him?"

"No! Of course not!" MJ replied quickly. Too quickly. And if the hint of red in MJ's cheeks told Betty anything, it was that she might not be telling the whole truth.

Things died down between the pair for the next week. They carried on snapping every night and talking in school everyday, but nothing major really happened. Until the next Sunday, when Betty received another panicked FaceTime. 

"He told me that he liked me!" She was shocked and it took a while for Betty to coax an explanation from her.

"So, I was about to snap you and say 'should I ask Peter why he started snapping me because it was kind of random and weird' but when I went to send it I accidentally clicked on his name instead of yours and then he asked me 'who, the other Peter' and I was like, 'oh, no that was meant to go to Betty but it was about you' and then he said 'oh it's because I think you're really pretty and kind and I like you'!!!! And then I went to text you again and I said 'I HAVE BIG NEWS' but I sent it to him again by mistake and then I said 'never mind I'll just call you' and sent it to him AGAIN! And he said 'what' and then 'ok' and sent me his number! I told him what happened and called you but he likes me and I don't know what to do help me" She didn't pause to take a breath through any of her explanation, her face was flushed and her eyes were brimming with tears.

"I think that you can probably keep snapping as normal for a while until you like him back and one of you grows a pair and asks the other out." Betty replied. They sorted out the issue and Peter and MJ were on good terms again within minutes.