27. Normal Circumstances

"Forgive me." He whispered, using every ounce of self control to hold the most carnal instinct.

She did not utter a word, like him she was putting a stop to something unknown and strong, a part of her wanted to fall into that world really bad, but the other advised against it.
He grabbed her hand and started to walk with her behind, soon she realized he was taking her to her room. Philip was quiet, she questioned if she did something to upset him, but didn't dare ask him, just followed.
Philip opened the door to her chamber, and gestured to her to walk in. Samira walked in but right before he closed the door turned to him and asked.
"Did I do something that upset you."
She looked innocent and pure, that woman never stopped to amaze him.
"How can you ask such a thing my love ?" His voice was soft and his eyes showed nothing but tenderness. "I'm not upset with you, but to myself."
"Why don't you come in? I'll ask Esma to fetch us some tea, or wine, whatever you prefer."
"My love, is better I retire for the night, I'll see you tomorrow." Philip kissed her forehead, didn't dare to touch her lips, at least not tonight.
"As you wish." She said, the disappointment he saw in her eyes pained him. He will talk to her tomorrow in the morning and explain, but now he needed a good wine and fresh air.

That night finding sleep was hard for Samira, she turned from one side to the other, time and time again. The feelings that Philip awakened in her were unfamiliar but felt right and... incredibly good. Is that what a wife and a husband are expected to do? And if yes, why would Philip stop?

She hoped that after some time those sensations would go away but the felling of Philip's gentle touch refused to go away. Placing a shawl over her night gown she left her room. Her bare feet rushed across the cold corridors of the palace. Finally at her destination she knocked at the door, she heard steps approaching and the door opening, revealing a shirtless Philip.

"Why did you leave?" She asked, making him look even more puzzled.
"I...I..." Philip's words seemed to refuse to form.
"I'm I not your wife?"

Philip noticed the two guards at his door carefully listening to what was unfolding.

"Please come in."

Once inside he put on a shirt and quietly served her a glass of wine while gesturing for her to seat down in the chamber's seating area.

"I was planing to apologize to you first thing tomorrow morning." He said after taking the seat in front of her. "But since you cam-"

"Apologize for what?" She interrupted.

"I got carried away earlier, and I needed time to cool down, you did nothing wrong, in the contrary." He explained in a very calm tone.

For some reason the fact that he felt the need to apologize was making her more upset.

"I see, I thought ... um..." She took a moment to think, it was clear to her now, her marriage with Philip was turning to be more like a friendship, Alice is and will always be the woman he desires. Samira felt how her heart broke into a million pieces once again, her vision was clouded by tears as she got up from the seat and started to walk towards the door.

"Samira wait !!" Called Philip, not understanding her reaction.

But she continued as if no one was calling her name. Philip held her hand and tried to pull her to him but she was determined to get out of that place as soon as possible, giving Philip no other choice but push her against the wall as he turned her to face him. His body and the stone wall held her in place, her body painfully close to his. Her breathing was faster than normal causing her chest to move up and down, Philip's eyes traveled from her neck down to her chest, he was about to explode, he wanted her, her needed her.