3. Royal Wedding

Samira walked slowly and gracefully down the long aisle, she felt the warm touch of the big round torches that were set up on the floor along her way but the warmest sensation she felt was her future husband's gaze on her. Their eyes locked into each other and a strange force took over, stoping them from looking anywhere else. Their hearts started to beat faster at the unknown feeling.

Samira noted how upset the prince was, his fists closed. King James came closer to him and whispered something is his ear.

Samira stud next to the prince breaking their gaze, they both looked at Neoh who commenced with the ceremony. Neoh talked for a while, it was a beautiful ceremony, he explained the meaning of marriage and how important it is to have a relationship based in trust and respect, ironically all Philip could think about was is beloved Alice, and what will she say once she becomes aware he had to marry somebody else.

Then it was time for the ceremony of the fire, the bride and the groom held each a small torch, together they lit up a bigger torch bowl, Neoh explained how that new fire created by them symbolized their new relationship and the compromise they had to each other to keep that fire alive. Philip rolled his eyes, he couldn't believe he was bowing love and commitment to a complete stranger, while his heart already belonged to the beautiful Alice. He decided that he will never honor a marriage he despised so much, even if that meant perjure his own word.

"I declare you man and wife, prince Philip you may now uncover your bride's face." Neoh concluded the ceremony and waited for the prince to do something, but he seemed too much in his own thoughts to even notice that all ayes where on him in expectation of something.

"Philip!!!!!" King James shouted making him return from his trance.

"Yes father." He replied, irritation clear in his tone.

"Prince Philip, please remove the bride's veil." Neoh repeated.

Samira's eyes where on the flor, the evident uneasiness of her now husband made her uncomfortable and she didn't know what to do. She had to lift her eyes at the feel of Philip's hands, he touched one side of the veil and his eyes found Samira's for second time that day, something about those green orbs looked very familiar to him. Softly he unwrapped the veil from the princess head and her face was revealed. That gorgeous, innocent face came to his sight once again and in that second he knew who she was. He fought to hold back the smirk, but it was like he could not control his own body and emotions in that moment.

Samira's cheeks revealed a blush in a soft but visible shade of pink, in order to hide her embarrassment she lowered her gaze again. Something got to Philip and pulled her chin up with his index finger, he needed more of those green eyes. Their gaze locked into one another and they kept just like that for a while, Samira smiled and he lost it, he brought his face closer to hers and her heart begun to beat faster as his eyes were now fixed on her lips.

Alice popped up in Philip's head, her simile and her soft skin, he hated himself, fist because of what he was about to do moments ago, and second because of how bad he wanted it. Regret took the best of him and he hardly recognized himself, it was suffocating and the need to get fresh air made him walk away, leaving his bride behind. King James yelled his name multiple times, and he couldn't care less, he though he had done enough, enough after marring a stranger and sacrificing his own happiness and heart, not to mention Alice's just to make his dad, the king proud. He had given more than he thought he could possibly give, now he had the right to go and cope with the reality in whatever way he considered necessary.

At the end of the night Samira returned to her chambers and asked the guard at her door to fetch Esma, not because she needed her help to undress and get ready for bed, but because she needed her friend, the person who knew her the most.

Usually Esma will wait for the princess in her chambers at the end of the day to help her with the night routine, but that night in particular given that it was Samira's wedding night Esma concluded her day earlier.

Few minutes passed and Esma ran into the room. Samira looked out the window, not looking at anything in particular, just standing there.

"My lady are you alright? Do you feel ill ? Do I need to call the healer?"

"I'm fine."

"I don't understand, why are you here? "

"He walked away, nobody knows where he went."

"Who?"

"The prince, my.....husband."

"Why would he do that on his wedding night?" Esma questioned, it was more a question to herself than to Samira, it just came out loud.

"Tell me Esma." Samira now turned to face her friend. "Am I unattractive?"

"Why are you asking me that?"

"Just be honest, I promise I won't be mad, I just need to know the absolute truth."

Esma grabbed her friends hands in hers.

"My lady, please don't doubt your beauty, of course your are beautiful."

"The prince, he just walked away, without saying a word he just left me in the altar after the end of the ceremony. He undid my veil and for a moment I though that he was..... Going to k....kiss me, but instead he left. Not even his father calling him made him stop. I think he doesn't like me Esma."

Samira's had her eyeballs covered in tears, she was humiliated like never before.

"I'm sorry Samira." Esma hugged her as the tears finally begun to roll down.

--------------------------

"Is time to wake up princess, we need to pack, we are leaving in two hours."

"Leaving where Esma?" Samira said in a hoarse voice while her eyes remained closed as she tried to continue sleeping, she wasn't tired, she was just trying to say away from the shame she was put in the prior night and sleep was the only way to avoid those thoughts.

"To our new home, Esparcia."

"We are not going anywhere Esma, don't you remember my husband walked away from me right after the ceremony, nobody knows where he is."

"He's actually down stairs with both kings waiting for you to begin eating breakfast. At least that's what you father said when he asked me to get you as soon as possible."

"What!!!!" Now she was wide awake and sat up in a second. "He returned?"

"Yes my lady looks like he did."

"He can go to hell then, did you forget what he did yesterday? I don't want to see his face." Samira said trying to hide the excitement she was feeling, but Esma knew better, she had spent way too many years next to Samira to not notice her real emotions.

"Are you sure about that?"

"Umm humm." Samira forced indifference sounded too funny but Esma did a good job hiding the laugh.

"Alright princess, in that case I'll go and communicate your message to the Kings and the prince, it seems that we are staying here in Kalon, excuse me." With that said Esma bowed to the princess and begun to walk away.

"Wait." Esma turned her attention back to the princess, no before letting go a small smile. "Unfortunately I'm his life now, is not like I can do that, you know it."

"You're absolutely right my lady, now let's get you ready."

End of this chapter
Thank you for reading, please VOTE and COMENT.