20. Dinner with the King

The wind danced with the white airy curtains, no walls around, just an intense white light, barefoot walking, the fresh air waves played with the white chiffon dress, her long hair freely followed the interaction. Peaceful silence, almost as overwhelming as the feeling of joy. 

"Time heals everything." An oddly familiar female voice echoed.

From the shiny white sun rays a silhouette appeared. A tear was released from one of Samira's eyes after realizing who was in front of her."

"Mother, is it really you?" She asked.

"Yes my dear child, the gods have sent me, you have to go back." 

"I rather not mother, please take me with you."

"Now is not the time, the future of two nations relies in you, I know it hasn't been easy and I have to tell you it will get harder but I assure you that soon enough light will come. One day your  womb will carry the heir destined to unite two kingdoms, and one big powerful nation will be born under his reign."

"I can't go back mother." Samira whimpered.

"Is your destiny, my brave girl, the gods have chosen you because they see your heart they know how much you can endure and they will never abandon you... never."

And just like that the image of her mother disappeared, the wind stopped blowing and the brightness of the sun faded. She felt lost and closed her eyes shut in fear, voices from far away seemed to come closer and closer. 

A sudden intense light became painful in her eyes as she tried to open them.

"Oh my god!!!" A girl who was folding some linen exclaimed. "Master!! Master!! Master !!" She yelled as she ran away.

Samira tried to adjust her eyes to the light. She looked around, the room was unfamiliar yet pleasant. Next to her on the bed a red rose welcomed her awakening. A familiar looking old man with a with long white beard rushed in the room. The girl from moments before followed behind him.

"Do I tell the king?" She asked.

"Not yet." The old man replied, his eyes not leaving Samira.

"Who are you? Where am I?"Samira asked.

"Your highness I'm most pleased to see you awaken, I am the healer of the esparcian court." The old man bowed. "And this is Margaret, my helper." The young maid bowed as well.

"Oh I see."She sounded disappointed.

"I must examine you now. Please tell me your most recent memory."

"Falling from my horse as the palace guards chased me."

"Alright." The healer released a relieved breath. "Do you have any pain? your head perhaps?" He asked

"Yes my head hurts, a lot." She replied

"Is normal after your accident, you must rest now, Margaret will bring you a calming tea to help you sleep, I shall notify the king of your recovery and only after you rest you will return to your own chambers, I just want to observe how your recovery goes for a few more hours, if your majesty agrees ."

"Is fine, please do what you must." Samira replied.

***********

"I thought I wasn't going to see you again!!! Thank god you are safe!! Esma ran to Samira and embraced her in a tight hug.

"You know I had plans to send someone for you, I wasn't going to leave you here." Samira replied returning the hug.