5. Welcome to Esparcia

Thought the window of the carriage Samira and Esma noticed they had already arrived. Samira heart was agitated in anticipation to what awaited for her in her new home. When the carriage came to a stop they waited for one of the servants to open up the door for them to step out and when the time came, Samira was the first one to leave the carriage, she lifted her head up after making sure her feet were well positioned on the ground. The entire Esparcian court was gathered outside witnessing her arrival.

"Princess Samira of the kingdom of Kalon."

A strong and loud voice announced as he stepped out, Esma stood right behind her, amazed from the beauty of the castle and the beautiful dresses of the court ladies before them. She noticed how extravagant and populated the Esparcian court was compared to the one in Kalon.

King James came closer to Philip and whispered in his ear.

"Son, your place is now next to your wife."

Philip's body tensed as he saw Alice's eyes in him showing a beautiful smile, and how that smile he loved to death faded and was replaced by a puzzled look as he walked over to Samira and stood next to her. He lifted his hand and Samira placed hers above it.

"May I present to you the future queen of Esparcia. My son prince Philip and princess Samira of Kalon joined in matrimony yesterday, putting an end to the war between our kingdoms and securing a life long commerce alliance between our nations."

The crowd was amazed and started clapping while some of them whispered to one another. All Philip was able to see was a tear escaping Alice's eyes and rolling down her cheek.

"Princess may I present to you my wife, Queen Helena." King James spoke to Samira.

"Your highness, it is a pleasure to meet you." Samira said to the queen while giving her a curtsy.

The queen bowed to her and looked up with a smile in her face.

"My court and I are delighted to have you here, welcome to your new home princess." Queen Helena said looking into Samira's eyes. Shen then turned to Philip.

"Son, congratulations." She kissing one side of his face and then the other.

"Mother." Philip replied.

"Please meet Prince Henry, my other son and Philip's younger brother." King James said to Samira, she took a few steps forward, Philip remained by her side supporting her hand even though all he wanted to do at the moment was run to Alice, who's face by now was all wet in tears.

"Welcome to Esparcia your highness." Henry said bowing and then kissing the back of Samira's hand. Samira nodded and smiled.

Henry lifted his gaze to find his brother giving him murderous glare.

"Brother." He said to Philip while bowing, attempting calm down his brother's odd behavior.

All Philip did was nod in return.

The family walked inside and members of the court walked away returning to their routines. Once inside the castle the king spoke to Philip.

"Son, please show your wife the way to your room."

"My room?"

"Yes, both of you's room from now on." King James observed how the color from Philip and Samira's face drained evidently in surprise. "You two must share a bed, should you not, I don't see how you are going to give us a heir." Now their faces turned red like beetroot, giving the king certainly that the heir will come, might take a while but will eventually happen, those two shared and evident attraction.